CrowdSupport®
Dragontec
Level 1: Cadet

Family violence

I've called,

I tried to talk to you,

I've gone into your shops and all you can do is give me a number to call that ombudsman, 

I explain my situation and your response is to ring my phone relentlessly leaving silent messages. 

If you're not willing to properly listen, provide a bit of human compassion I don't know what else to do. 

I have moved house twice now due to the situation you keep giving me modems 

When what I really need is a phoneline installed properly just cannot afford due to the situation I'm in. 

Considering there meant to be worth about the same, I can't see why you can't just take the new one back and install phone line Act of goodwill

Some information removed 

Hi Warren, thank you for sharing your story. We hope things improve for you very soon. We’ll pass your message onto Claire. All the best.

Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 12:49 PM
To: Claire - Greens <communications@vic.greens.org.au>
Subject: Re: This is my story

Dear Claire

I do wish you the best of luck with your endeavours but unfortunately,

I'm not in a position to be able to aid or support your course currently, due societies biased views

I've only just established housing again myself and my seven -year-old daughter 

I feel my story will come to lite in time  but I'm struggling financially and receive very little support, it is very poor in some regards with the systems that are put in place to help support and project victims of family violence including children

At the time of writing this response to you I still don't have a phone line and i am still able to get any help in regards to the matter with Telstra as the services regards to family violence only for women and children not men and children

Having a primary care of my daughter the majority of her life I Have been to family law court, but the sad truth is that by placing the farther as the primary carer  is a disadvantage to my daughter, primarily based on my sex.

My daughter has ADHD and I suffer from Asperger syndrome, 

I am sole parent with a special needs child that has a disability.

And purely on the basis of my sex nobody wishes to advocate for me.

I hope and wish for a world where we will treat and see each other merely human beings regardless of whatever is external.

regards 

Sent: Wednesday, 24 October 2018 10:17 AM
To: 
Subject: This is my story

Hey  

My name is Claire and I have been a volunteer with the Victorian Greens for the last two years.

My story with the Greens started in 2016 when I realised I was trans and I wanted to stand with a party that stood up for people like me. Despite significant social anxiety (especially with sharing my story) I said yes to calling supporters and knocking on voters’ doors.

These days I have gone from someone scared to talk to anybody to leading neighbourhood teams in the campaign for marriage equality and now the Victorian election.

(I’m the one in the middle)

Together, we can talk to thousands of voters at the door, over the phone and on polling booths. Together, we can make a difference and friendships that last a lifetime, because everyone in the room you're calling from, or the house you’re door knocking at, is fighting for a better shared future for all of us.

Hopefully I get to meet you soon at a volunteering event, training or on election day!

Yours in friendship,

Claire

Greens volunteer

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Family violence

@Dragontec,

Sorry, with all the extra stuff that you added in to your post, I'm not 100% sure that I have fully understood where you are currently at.

Can you just break it down to exactly what you have got installed (if anything) and what isn't currently working. Also, can you tell us if you are in an NBN enabled area (helps with figuring out what your setup is).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now