CrowdSupport®
YD2
Level 1: Cadet

Getting temporary access back to cancelled bigpond email address

Answered

I need to get an email from my bigpond email address that i recently cancelled. How do i go about getting this email account back for a short period? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Getting temporary access back to cancelled bigpond email address

Even if you do get access back (give 133933 a call and talk to a consultant), the email that you are looking for is almost certainly gone.

When a email address is cancelled, the entire account associated with it (including all the emails) is purged from the system.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Even if you do get access back (give 133933 a call and talk to a consultant), the email that you are looking for is almost certainly gone.

When a email address is cancelled, the entire account associated with it (including all the emails) is purged from the system.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

YD2
Level 1: Cadet

Cheers, thanks. The email address is the recovery one for an Apple IP password reset.
The account is locked and I can't use security questions as there are typos in answers to questions!

Support Team
Support Team

Hey YD2, 

If you wished to have this escalated submit a complaint online here http://tel.st/e4nur and reply to me with the reference number. I will use it to contact complaints and have a case manager assigned to follow this up with you ASAP.  

Thank you.

- Ryan  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now