CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
HouseConnect
Level 1: Cadet

House Connection - Line from Property Boundary Connection Point to House

Answered

Hi,

I am just wanting some diection as to who to contact in regards to organising a new house connection?  As, we are mainly after to a quote to see how much it is going to cost us prior to commiting to anything.

At the moment we built a new house a few years ago on a rural block (40ac) and we never had a landline/phoneline connected.  I have done a Dial Before You Dig to find where the phone line currently goes and found that a pit and cable have been installed at the front of our property leading into the front corner, but that is as far as it goes.

To get a line from this point up to the house would be approx 410m. 

I have found information on other pages/questions where it says about going through the 'moving house' section of the telstra website to organise a new connection, but does this then make it compulsary to get the line installed?  As we would like to know how much it is going to cost first.  I have also found where is says it will cost $299 for a telstra rep to carry out the connection, but is this just the connection to the main line?  Can Telstra organise for the line from the boundary to the house to be installed or do we have to find our own contractor?  As everyone I seem to contact do not do the private works (and I actually deal with these contractors as a part of my job through our local Council).

I would prefer to email companies our information/request, as when dealing with some places it is hard to find people that can understand you or you understand them due to the way they speak.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: House Connection - Line from Property Boundary Connection Point to House

The good news is that the Tesltra Infrastructure is there.

The next step is that you need to organise a contractor to lay a conduit from your house to the front of your property. (I would suggest talking to an electrician if your other local contractors can't help).

Then you call Telstra and organise to connection. That is where the quote will come in. They allow a certain amount of cable as standard from the pit to your house. There would be an extra charge for the extra cable which would be on top of the $299 connection charge.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: House Connection - Line from Property Boundary Connection Point to House

The good news is that the Tesltra Infrastructure is there.

The next step is that you need to organise a contractor to lay a conduit from your house to the front of your property. (I would suggest talking to an electrician if your other local contractors can't help).

Then you call Telstra and organise to connection. That is where the quote will come in. They allow a certain amount of cable as standard from the pit to your house. There would be an extra charge for the extra cable which would be on top of the $299 connection charge.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now