Sassy72
Level 2: Rookie

How do I change my home phone number when I am on the NBN?

Answered

Now I did all the right things according to Telstra. Requested a new number because I was getting unwanted phone calls since we got our number since the NBN overhaul and someone didn't do their job and insisted we couldn't have our old number from before. I am sure that People get nasty and give your number out because the new number we got came already with scammers, telemarketers etc, etc...and was unusable from the beginning. It was a (rolls eyes) silent number and on the do not call register. No ONE knew our brand new phone number and yet these people did. Any way I complained..nothing was done. Then the other day on the 8/01/2019 I asked for a new phone number. They told me it would take 24-48 hours. A week later it didn't happen so I rang and complained. Still nothing has happened??? What is wrong with you Telstra?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change my home phone number when I am on the NBN?

Hello @Sassy72 I'm sorry to hear you're receiving unwelcome calls, I can advise that scam callers do not need to know your number to call you as they use auto-diallers. Having a Silent Line or being on the Do Not Call register are not deterrents for scam callers unfortunately, for this reason. I can assure you Telstra doesn't give out your number. 

You can find out more about how to handle scam calls here: https://tel.st/e3pmy

To change your number you can contact us on 13 22 00 and say Unwelcome Calls, and this can take a few days to switch over. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change my home phone number when I am on the NBN?

Hello @Sassy72 I'm sorry to hear you're receiving unwelcome calls, I can advise that scam callers do not need to know your number to call you as they use auto-diallers. Having a Silent Line or being on the Do Not Call register are not deterrents for scam callers unfortunately, for this reason. I can assure you Telstra doesn't give out your number. 

You can find out more about how to handle scam calls here: https://tel.st/e3pmy

To change your number you can contact us on 13 22 00 and say Unwelcome Calls, and this can take a few days to switch over. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now