CrowdSupport®
Stephie_69
Level 1: Cadet

How long does it take to change a Telstra mobile number from a business to a private ownership?

This is now day 8 from when I walked in to the Telstra shop and completed the paperwork  and I am still waiting for my old business number to be changed ported across to the temp number that was given to me with the new SIM card.  How long do I have to wait.  The local Telstra shop keeps telling me daily to wait another 24hrs.  Surely Telstra to Telstra should be easy... god help me if I wanted to move to a competitor?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 10: Jnr Detective StrayaM8
Level 10: Jnr Detective

Re: How long does it take to change a Telstra mobile number from a business to a private ownership?

Business to consumer transfers and vica versa can take a while, as they have to transfer the data relating to your service across two completely independent systems.

I doubt the telstra store would be able to assist you with this as they are primarily just that, a store.

Best be is give telstra a ring and speak with the business team, make sure everything is going smoothly.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more