CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
chuck12
Level 2: Rookie

How long for new phone number to propogate through database

Answered

I am currently under contract with TPG for broadband and am moving house that has previously been connected to Telstra.  Unfortunately TPG don't have ADSL2+ options for the exchange that I am moving to so I need to go 'offnet' with TPG.

This is all setup and all they need is the new phone number to conitnue with the connection.  I called Telstra 2 days ago and they advised my new number and that is would take 2 hours to activate.

TPG advises that the phone number I was provided still hasn't been updated in Telstra's database as TPG cannot see it and they need to wait for Telstra to update.

Can someone please advise what database this is and how long it takes or the number to call to speak to someone? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chuck12
Accepted Solution

Re: How long for new phone number to propogate through database

I was lucky to get through via phone to a helpful Telstra Rep.  Sometimes I get lucky I guess.

It is because that although it is through all of Telstra's databases, it doesn't get added to the Flexstream database that TPG can view until the line has been successfully tested by a technician, which is scheduled for tomorrow.

Makes sense in hindsight, but just wasn't communicated very well when I ordered the phone reconnection. Cheers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
chuck12
Accepted Solution

Re: How long for new phone number to propogate through database

I was lucky to get through via phone to a helpful Telstra Rep.  Sometimes I get lucky I guess.

It is because that although it is through all of Telstra's databases, it doesn't get added to the Flexstream database that TPG can view until the line has been successfully tested by a technician, which is scheduled for tomorrow.

Makes sense in hindsight, but just wasn't communicated very well when I ordered the phone reconnection. Cheers.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now