dylan6
Level 3: Gumshoe

How to find someone to speak to at Telstra in Australia

Answered

Have tried every way I can think of to contact the technician who so kindly disconnected my line for no reason but cannot even seem to be able to speak to anyone at telstra in australia. Seems a very convenient way of sidestepping any responsibility. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: How to find someone to speak to at Telstra in Australia

Hi dylan6

Thanks for your post!

If you don't enjoy calling and and speaking to consultants, feel free to chat to us here: http://tel.st/hsc3

Edit: updated shortlink

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
142 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Report it as a fault and be done with it.. Won't matter if its an offshore rep or in house surely?

Cheers,
Dave

dylan6

Being done with it takes two weeks for it to even get looked at, when it was a simple mistake made by a technician who could very easily come back and fix his mistake very quickly. 

maxalford
Level 6: Bloodhound

overseas call centres should be banned all they can do is answer the phone they have no authority to do any more and then they expect us to give them all our personal details

the job was done first time properly when it was done in australia now it takes days or even weeks to get anything done and all they manage to do is stuff it up

vonbrevis
Level 2: Rookie

I have found that if you call 132200 and say "complaint" to the machine that answers the phone, you get to speak to someone who sounds Australian (they may even be in Australia). Although they have still been of limited help to me, they may at least be able to understand what you're asking for. Good luck.

bella_girl

Would love to know a number so I could speak to an aussie too each time!

Level 22: Superhuman

Just a heads up. What makes you think eveyone in Australia has the same accent or was actually born here?

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi dylan6

Thanks for your post!

If you don't enjoy calling and and speaking to consultants, feel free to chat to us here: http://tel.st/hsc3

Edit: updated shortlink

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

rc1967-66
Level 1: Cadet

Would like to speak to someone in relation to my voicemail on my mobile.  After 4x/s it automatically goes to my voicemail..How can I extend the duration?

Level 22: Superhuman

G'day rc1967-66 and welcome to crowdsupport

here:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles/How-To-Extend-The-Ring-Time-For-MessageBank-On...

in future you can search the Crowdsupport site to see if your question has already been discussed and answered

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

beljoakes

OK folks, here its is.

How to get through to an Australian Call Centre Representative to assist you at Telstra, if you are not getting any saisfaction from the International Call Centre Operators & the fact they will not put you through to Australia, even though they are supposed to, if you have asked them to do it, then follow the prompts below.

* RING 1800 814 242 during Australian Business Hours (most important or you will get shunted back to the International Call Centre)

* When the Aussies receptionist asks your issue, explain to her that you want to speak to someone regarding your bill, service etc, in the Advanced Customer Service Division, and due to the way your concern has been handled by the Internation Call Centre, you want to speak to an Australian operator in Townsville, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane etc.

* Please be polite to this person as they are just answering the phones and they know how frustrated you are with the lack of service the International Call Centre is providing, as they get bombarded with upset and frustrated customers every phone call they get.

*You should get through to an Australian Operator. 

*If not, ring again until you do.

*Also try dialling 1800 830 011 which is the direct line for Advanced Customer Care.

*Please make sure your keep a track of all your calls and the emails that have already been sent to you by the International Call Centre.  Keep a diary of call lengths & details if you need to call, even about a trivial matter.

DO NOT RING 132200 and ask for COMPLAINTS as they are also in an International Call Centre and they have no way of putting you through to an AUstrlaian Call Centre, which is incredibly poor customer service.  

I have worked through this process twice now over the past few months and it works.

The International Call Centres are reluctant to put you through to Australia, as it goes against their service record and is part of their team and personal performance reviews.  Many operators are not aware there is a number that can be called and even if you speak to their supervisors, they do not know this number exists. 

However, Telstra are required to provide assistance that is based in Australia for customers, even though they keep this number to themselves.  I found this by ringing my local Telstra Shop and explaining my predicament.

If you get stuck you can also call the Office of the Telecommunication Ombudsmen, who can assist you and whom you can lodge an official complaint, external to Telstra's, which they have to reply to and action.  Best way to get a resolution, but it can be lengthy.  However, this all goes on record and the Telco Ombusmen comment son any changes to the telco laws and etc before the government makes any rulings or updates to legislation.

GOOD LUCK ALL. Don't give up. 

Lynn777

Scott, the above link : http://tel.st/jjwV0
does not work.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Lynn777,

What was it that you were hoping to be linked into?

If you can confirm this then I will be happy to ensure you do receive a working link to get a hold of this team.

Ihatetelsrta

Simple folks,

When prompted, just say "DISCONNECTION"

How may second will it take for telstraindaphillipines to censor this post?

Baliol

I need to speak to a human in telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Baliol,

What do you need to speak about? Smiley Happy

griffo39

I contacted telstra  re moving house  and was advised that my phone line would be disconnected   for 4 days  and anyone who rang my number  would be told  its disconnected.

Who  do i speak to to get  a diversion  so all calls go to my my mobile  ???

When there is a fault on my land line they  always offer that service  

thanks 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi griifo39,

I'd recommend contacting our fault team on 132203. They're available 24x7.

Alternatively, you can chat online via http://tel.st/49kl or call 132200

Apologies for any earlier confusion

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Nick1969

We pay big money to use Telstra's sevices and we are forced to speak to third world operators in India or the Philippines for enquiries, really crap service.

Nick1969

Who said that, are you an insular foreigner?

Wi11iam

Thanks for the tip.

After arguing with a contractor in the Philippines for over 45 minutes, I tried the number in your post.

I called the Advanced Customer Care number (1800 830 011) and all of my incorrect charges were reversed in less than 5 minutes.

Thanks agian.

Ezz22

At my wits end

That number is now not in existence. 

My detect debit was paused, then restricted. It's been 4 days and I've reported the payment but still no connection. Add to this my parents account, which I regularly need to pay has also been restricted because Telstra is apparently unable to recognise that I am not my 60 year old father and keeps sending the bill to me. This leads to constant confusion, especially when it seems you can no longer speak to anyone but a machine.

I am now at the point where I will be contacting the ombudsman because 6 months of this rubbish is ridiculous, and the customer service is a joke for a company of this size when Apple et al can still use phone operators, and you make the profits that you do.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Ezz22,

What led to the pause of the direct debit? Did the details need to be updated? If we can work out the initial cause we can find the fastest and easiest solution.

Ezz22

Finally. It only took me 20 minutes to find this again. I had to change cards due to a compromise, I put in the new details, but it doesn't seem to work even though I have checked the details multiple times.

it worries me more that the bill has been paid since Thursday, and reported as such, and I still have no reconnection of service. I'm loathe to pay my parents bill again (they have authorised me as they are travelling interstate) given the ongoing issues, and I would ideally like to get both these issues sorted first.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Ezz22,

What led to the pause of the direct debit? Did the details need to be updated? If we can work out the initial cause we can find the fastest and easiest solution.

Ezz22

I received an email to say it will be unpaused tomorrow. As already stated, my biggest concerns are getting my service reinstated, and my parents bill sorted out in a way that won't stuff them up more than they already have been.

Support Team
Support Team

If you would like a call back regarding this to discuss it all further, you can complete http://tel.st/LeaveItWithUs and someone will call within 24 hours. 

waiting101

I have been on the line for 2 hours today trying to get my internet access sorted out. I keep getting passed from one department to another. Is this the way telstra business customers are treated??

Our internet access has been dropping in and out of service multiple times per day for at least 5 years. Over the last 3 weeks, I have organised for 3 technicians to come to the house to review and NONE of them have showed up!! I am beyond frustrated. Is there any way we can speak to someone actually in Australia????

This is a sub-optimal service provided but we are paying high fee`s!! Not very impressed......

LeavinTelstra

After 3 weeks of getting stuffed about by offshore call centres, I followed the advice of others here with no luck reaching Advanced Customer Care, in fact I'm led to believe they no longer exist.

Easiest way is to just realise your complaints will never be resolved, chalk it up to experience, then cancel all your accounts with Telstra. 

We were sareholders in Telstra, plus had several mobile phone and tablet services, landline services, internet services, entertainment services etc. Customer service means nothing at Telstra any longer, nor does employing Australians.

The CEO of Telstra is clearly just a completely useless anchor (spelt with a silent W)

Chiller

Just a quick update: the 1800 830 011 has been disconnected. However, the 1800 814 262 is working.

Octillo

Re: 'Technical fault' message regularly appears. Unable to use e-mail.

When I attempt tp make a connection with the internet.  Regularly, and 3 or 4 times in a row.  I need to swich the computer off and continue, but the same thing happens.  On other times I can connect directly the first time.  This has continued for 7-10 days.  CAN YOU HELP.  PS I'm not a computer geek or familiar with the intricate details of the workings!!!!

Hoping someone can hope.

rachele313

Still doesn't help with the speaking to somebody actually in Australia! They obviously sit in the same building as the call centre
gogzmck

None of those links / numbers work and unfortunately the staff have been programmed to say they cannot contact Australia

peterrrrrrr

I just need the service I have paid for - not to spend hours stuffing about.

*edited due to guidelines*

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Welcome-Guidelines-KB/Community-Guidelines/ta-p/59906

LakesideLass

beljoakes posted in 2014  How to find someone to speak to at Telstra in Australia- I used the 1800 814 242 number to call, after almost 3 months of being given the runaround - and I got results.  Not yet sure of the outcome but it is looking good.  The other number at the bottom of his post is no longer in service - probably if anyone rings 1800 814 242 after today, it too will be out of service, but worth a try. 

ah3

So the best way to avoid the Pilipino call centre is to call 132000 for business support even if you are residential. You will get shunted to level 1 support in the Philippines. Just state very clearly that you need to talk to the Aussie call centre and they will put you straight through every time. If you use the residential level 1 you will never get to Australia.

AndyWilson

I have no complaint concerning the people I encounter in the Philippines.  They are invariably very courteous and do their very best to assist.  The problem is that in many instances, they don't seem to be able to fix the problem.

I note that Telstra have a new CEO - a Pom = and he's assisted by a  "New Team" of an additional 12 peop;lw with, like him, their snouts in the Telstra Trough.  The last bludger was paid $12MILLION a year and the **bleep** couldn't run a country **bleep**house.  This current mob are obviously no better.

I am most annoyed by the process of not gaining a solution to my problems, or an explanation as to what the "technical error" is and why I am told that it will take "one hour", "12 to 24 hours" or, in this latest instance it has now blown out to "three to five business days".

My problem is that I live in the bush and Telstra is the only service provider available.  If not, I'd have bushed the useless pricks long ago.

RN1980

thanks for the notes..

1800 830 011 does't work any more.

Looks like there is no option. Work case is CC team don't know the process in the austraila.

We are living in communications and it's hard to communicate

Uvan

I tried many times to sort out my account but everyone seems to get it wrong
All they do is add more services and send more bills
Uvan

I spoke several times to a guy called Vince from Adelaide
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Uvan

Sorry to hear you are having so many issues getting your bill sorted. 

Our 24x7 Billing Team  http://tel.st/hsc3 will be more than happy to assist you to resolve your billing concerns. 

Kind Regards 

Telstraboo

I have tried the 1800814232 and 1800880679 Advanced customer care and both numbers are not connected.  

I have been going around on a roundabout with the fools overseas, all they domis pass from one dept to another

none of them has anynidea what to do.  All I want is to speak to someone in Australia that maynbe able to help me

Telstraboo

I called both these numbers today none are connected

stewbazzica

I have read through the whole thread and a response from Telstra is conspicuous by its absence.  I have spent 5 weeks trying to deal with connecting my two phone lines to the NBN.  It has resulted in my ADSL2 connection being terminated r weeks ago without notice and no connection to the NBN.  I have also just had a major operations and I am unable to undertake any form of connection of devices myself.

Despite trying daily to reach an Austraian I am stuck in the Phillipines with the Level 2 team who rarely return calls and so far have not been able to restore any form of broadband short of a mini wifi hub that I paid for and so far have sunk over $120 of my money in top up fees.

I have gone to the OMBUDSMAN and their initial 10 day action period fr Telstra has come and gone and this has now reached a L2 complaint with the OMBUDSMAN.

I have also raised this with my Local Federal MP Matt Keogh who is also trying to reach anyone at telstra.

Does antyone know how to contact the mythical Fiona Hayes who runs the complaints department?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi stewbazzica,

It is disappointing to hear that your transition to the NBN hasn't gone as smoothly as we would like. You mentioned that you have lodged a complaint with a third party, do you have a case manager that has been in touch with you to follow up what is happening for you? All of our staff have the same ability to help get your issue resolved and it isn't possible to choose where the staff member who assists you is located

kAREN25

Hi Ashley

The problem is that you do not understand the issues most people have which is that if the problem cannot be resolved by the international call centre they are incapable of moving it to someone who can. After 1 week without any internet or home phone after being switched to the NBN I am no closer to having the problem resolved. The technician that was booked for Tueday did not turn up and apparently the reason was that we cancelled which is not correct. When asked to play back the recording of me cancelling the technician the operator says they cannot do that. When asked to speak to a manager at first refused then placed on hold for 15 mins and informed that someone will contact me within 24 hrs. This is after spending countless hours on the phone trying to solve the problem remotely. If you think that this is acceptable service let me know.

Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi kAREN25,

As consultants do not have access to listen to recordings this is why they were not able to complete this request.  Have you been contacted by the manager or our Tech Support team to book a new appointment since you posted this?

If not, please call 1800 834 273 so that we can book an appointment with NBN Co for a technician to investigate the network. You can also submit a formal complaint via: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

- Shelly

K4te

Tried this 0920 hrs 29 Dec 2016 and recorded message advised these numbers are no longer in use.

sadera

sadera

those 2 numbers are not still in use ...told to call132200

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more