ag6
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: How to find someone to speak to at Telstra in Australia

Tried the link, got nowhere. Surprise!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ag6

This is certainly not good to hear. What error are you getting when you attempt to use the Complaint Link? 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

daisymolly
Level 2: Rookie

There has got to be someone you can speak to in australia,this is so frustrating these staff all over the world do not even know where australia is,I spoke to someone yesterday who thought I was in austria - cancel all these calls centres overseas & bring them back to australia we pay the highest amount in the world for phones so why should we not have the best service only fair

daisymolly

so would I
daisymolly

because there are NO call centres in australia!!!!!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DaisyMolly

For many years Telstra has had a mix of call centres, both in Australia and in Manila, some of which are company owned and some of which are run by partners. 

This is very common to telecommunications companies and our competitors.  Interestingly before we outsourced some of our centres, more than 25 per cent of our customers believed we had call centres overseas. 

This in itself is a testament to the diversity of our workforce at Telstra and the real question here is not where our staff are located but why haven’t we resolved our customers’ issues the first time they call.  As you would be aware we are striving to improve our customer service, yes, we acknowledge that we are not there yet, but we are working hard to deliver a better experience. If you have any unresolved issues please let us know and we will assist you

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

The-Tastiger

@Lindy wrote:

Hi Ag6

This is certainly not good to hear. What error are you getting when you attempt to use the Complaint Link? 

Kind Regards 

The requested page cannot be found

The requested page may have been moved. Please search for the new location of the page at Telstra home page.
angusdigi
Level 1: Cadet

Lindy,

Whilst it is uplifting to hear about the ethnic diversity that is Telstra, that information does nothing to dull the cold rage I feel after having wasted weeks trying to get my new contract with Telstra in play.

After 4 weeks of waiting I was contacted a week after New Year and told that the sales person was not authorised to offer the terms she had and that the deal we agreed on was null and void and I would have to pay extra. Unnacceptable.

Off to the Ombudsman and ten days later a call saying they would honour the agreement as originally negotiated.

Now yesterday my mobile phone is disconnected and the balance of my credit with previous provider deleted. Specifically after I asked TElstra to wait until my current month had expired.

Now still on hold after 1 hour and 16 minutes while they try and sort out this cluster f***.

Telstra, your procedures are archaic, your training is appalling and it is no wonder you are so widely despised.

You are an embarrassment.

I will be going back to the TIO and seeking compensation for the hours I have wasted on what should have been a simple and seemless process.

I figure at my consulting rate of $225 per hour, Telstra now owe me in excess of $2,000 for my wasted time!

Man Mad

roccop

I recently moved house, and made the order online. From the options, i chose the $49 self install. (Cant be hard, same modem, different location)

Well, it didnt work. The fun began. Since, I have spoken to 2,342,435 pimply Filipino call center tenagers, some with extraordinay american accents, but empty vesels all the same. During the ordeal, I would get bounced around from city to city, depending on gthe time of day I would call. 

It turns out, after speaking with Indian associates (lets call them the technical assistance case managers for fun), that they cant help and need to send 2nd local guy out. But wait, its 299 bucks. 

I am out of contract, but cant find anyone capable of cancelling my whole account. 

The purpose of my email....dont use telstra they will send you to the mental institution!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Roccop

It's disappointing to hear of the issues you are experiencing when you have relocated. 

The charge of $299 relates to a new phone line connection. Have you been advised that the issue is with the phone connection? 

If you do wish to go ahead and cancel your account, you need to speak with our Cancellations Team on 132200 (8am to 9pm daily) and say Disconnect at the prompt. 

Kind Regards 

dennyj

the best post in this group. many thanks.

Sac2

Os call center asked me to please stop calling...can you believe that?Still haven't been told if what i was told was a blatant lie or if someone just isn't doing there job,beginning to think both.
Express1

TELSTRA HAS DISCONTINUED MY CALL DIVERSION RELATING TO MY BUSINESS FOR 2 MONTHS WITHOUT NOTIFICATION.

I'm a sole trader and have been in the landscaping business for the past 7 years.
I have a business landline number with Telstra that gets diverted to my mobile number. They have stopped the call diversion without any notification at all for 2 months until I ran into one of my clients unexpectedly and said I tried calling you but the number seemed disconnected. It was huge surprise and was wondering why business was slow.
Telstra denied any responsibility and no apology. They ignored my application for compensation.. total loss was calculated at 20k !
It's a David and Goliath fight. I need your help! It's affected my business and personal life and marriage!
I just need my story out there. I don't think I have been fairly treated.
Thank you for reading !
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello Express1, 

Definitely not good to hear about this. Are you able to inform us if this has been raised with our business team on 13 20 00 ? 

And have you raised a complaint with our team on https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/681... so that we can have a case manager assigned to you?

- Simone

pdddoff

Thanks for the heads up with the 1800 numbers,tried them both but the message was this number is no longer in use please call 132200 which is o'seas number.Good on ya Telstra for lokking after your customers.NOT!

pdddoff

just tried yis 1800814262 number and got message saying your call could not be connected.Hmm

pdddoff

Pull out all your accounts,Telstra are hopeless,I know i will be,there is better out there.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

There isn't as number you can call to get an Australian pdddoff and this is not related to looking after customers but a personal view of not wanting to talk to others.

Please also understand that we are a multicultural country and you will not always get an Australian calling here with any company. It's not based on location but each consultant, I can say some overseas may help more than some Australian's as it's based on each person and vice versa. Thinking only a local consultant can resolve issues is simply not the case. 

ABL05

Lindy,

You are right it shouldnt matter where the support person is located they should still be able to resolve the problem. However after 5 months of dealing with call center personnel what is clear is the system you have in place DOES NOT WORK.

Everytime you call, you get a new person who you have to familiarise them with the issue and then they insist they start from square one (becuase thats what their training notes obviously tell them what to do). Round and round and round we go. Lets not get started on the "get back in touch" link that gets you back in touch with someone who knows nothing about the issue ..so we can go through your issue once again from the beginning.

There does come a point that you get assigned a case manager, this is just another broken spoke in the wheel. You can't actually contact your case manager because "they will contact you". Imagine my suprise when I had to go through Telstra support to ask for the number for my case manager so I could contact her I was told they couldnt do that only give me an ID number. So I asked them to have case manager call me only to be told that she was no longer my case manager,  but they can assign anther one....so I can go back through this all again.

What Telstra service needs is a person you can call who can actaully understand the issue, can follow your issue through, has the authority to do what it takes to resolve the isue and whom you can contact directly. 

ABL05

Hi angusdigi
I feel your pain I have spent in excess of 40 hours on the phone to Telstra over the last 5 months, as well as being shuffled between out of the way Telsta
business and retail stores.

I'm off to the Ombudsman, enough is enough!
GazzaParker

Total agree with this have hade off oversees call Center disconnect my serves fore what should be a simpal change and it took Telstra a week to reconnect and get everything working, also about 12 months ago Telstra changed my email to the new service and it has not worked ever since, have rang the oversees call centres and they can't fix it or put me onto anyone that can, the wast part is that my emails were already on the new service from the first time they stuffed up the emails. I can keep going with Manley stories about Telstra but it won't help so I made the decision if I am going to pay for crap service and support I mit as well pay less money and I am taking all my services away from Telstra.

Blcuz

Both these numbers have been disconnected. How surprising 

Jaana

My mother is having the same problem. No home phone, no internet and all the call centre overseas does is add things that are going to cost her big money. This is crap as the issue only started once the NBN was installed, she shouldn't have to fork out money for something that is not her error. Not only that, she is elderly, I worry about her not having phone access in case of emergency. The call centre gives her the run around and won't let her talk to someone in Aust. They have promised a technician (at $130 cost to her) but we live in a regional town so I doubt they will turn up. They are also mailing her something she stated she didn't want, but they are sending it and charging her. I couldn't find out what as she couldn't tell me. I think I'm going to tell her to just disconnect and go with someone who else
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jaana,

Im sorry to hear of your mothers poor experience. 

If you are concerned she is not getting her need met, you can have her add your or another family member onto the account as an Authorised Contact so that you can speak to us on her behalf and make any changes to her account that she requires. To do this, simply call us when you are with your mother on 132200 and request to be added onto the account, your mother will have to give permission on the same call for this be actioned. 

Your rural location has no bearing on wheather or not we will sned a technician, if you are a Telstra Customer, you will get your technician appointment honoured. 

You can also request to have "Priority Assistancce" added to your m others account to make sure she always has an active phone line. Read more here - https://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/customer-service/priority-assistance

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

ianhugh

This number is quoted as being no longer available?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

There have been several numbers listed in this thread. Which one are you having difficulties with? - Shelly

Dissapointedone

We run a medical business, all of our running systems are cloud based. We unfortunately overlooked paying a bill and were issued a (to be disconnected by notice). We paid but were still limited /bared. We are on the NBN.... We have suffered through years of intermittent service, and now this.
1 ) we have no internet, but still have phone, VoIP, We have been told the service has been disconnected ........ Ummm no we are talking on the service in question.... It has been 4 days and still no net. They have told me there is no way to reverse the order to dissconnect .
Who builds an automated system that has no manual access ? No body..... Telstra is gheading. For collapse under its own weight. I informed the service person we will be billing tayra at $1800 a day in lost earnings until this is resolved. They are up to 1 day, I gave them the weekend (for obvious reasons ) I was assured service would be sorted 1st thing Monday , it's now Tuesday night.... With no sign of ending.
So much for care, so much for service, we will be jumping ship.
Dissapointedone

Ok so 5days into no internet, not only is the service down, but we now have no phone....we are jumping ship, you can't run a business like this. We are gone. Good buy Telstra
Carbelle

NBN and Telstra woes

Hello Telstra, Hello NBN

No internet, no phone for two days and counting. You say it's an outage in the neighbourhood. But the neighbours have a phone.

Had the NBN since Feb 28. First week no phone at all. Since then, several small outages. Now two days and counting. Would be very nice if you cared enough to fix it

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: NBN and Telstra woes

Hi Carbelle,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your NBN connection. You can view any known issues or network faults our technicians are working on via our Service Status Page however our NBN Assurance team (who can be contacted on 1800 834 273) would be best situated to check for specific outages affecting your service.

ZV

How does the government allow Telstra to keep operating like this? We have 3 offices which the tax payer pays for to keep companies from operating like this and why are they not doing anything about Telstra?
Has anybody in these threads taken their case any further than the ombudsman?
It seems with a lot of the stories I have read here and elsewhere, that Telstra are breaking the law. Telstra has cost me a lot of money and frustration and still things are not resolved after 15 months. Why don't we all get a case together and let the courts fix these problems? Because Telstra don't seem to even acknowledge there is a problem.
If Everyone collects as much evidence of anything misconduct, anything illegal, anything they may think as unethical and record every phone call, than maybe in a year or 2 we can fix Telstra ourselves (with the help of the courts)
Support Team
Support Team

Hi ZV I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy. Can you please clarify your concerns when you say "operate like this"? What examples can you provide for what you feel is illegal activity? Do you have an SR 1-xxxx complaint case reference number for your issue that you feel has not been addressed?

apower

Lindy 

Fair enough... But when I have already made 20+ calls and spent 15+ hours on the phone already and still receiving the same old lines from the very first call 2 months ago... There is something clearly wrong.

Your call centre does NOT work.

ZV

This is exactly my concern. And seems to be most other people's problems too.
Telstra makes a mistake and you have to fix it. But it's impossible because we don't work for Telstra. I wonder how many extra million dollars a year Telstra makes by operating like this. People get so frustrated and just give up and pay Telstra more than they should. Must make them $10's of millions of dollars.
I've explained my story about 30 or 40 times now (and it's a long story) over 15 months. I will only explain it 2 more times. They will not connect me with anyone capable or willing to sort this out.
ZV

Explaining this again and again doesn't seem to work.
If you could get somebody who is able sort out a complicated and hard to understand chain of events which started when Telstra transferred a Foxtel account of another person into to my name with no authorisation from the original account holder of me.
And then led me to believe the problem was fixed. Now I have a bad credit rating which will cost me 10's of thousands of dollars in the future. Telstra have already cost me an estimated $3000 of my time. All because they made a mistake (an illegal one I'm sure) and won't put any effort in to fix it.
(If I operated like this in my industry, I would have my license taken off me. There must be similar laws and guidelines in this industry.)
whyisitsoslow

That's a mirracle.

I've had to deal with a lot of crap Telstra call centre staff on their 24 / 7 chatline and even on their crowdsupport line (endless being handed around their departments and always back to the activation department which are useless (i've been waiting for over 3 weeks to have my tablet's SIM card activated (I've tried to activate it about 3 or 4 times and one of these call centre people did a manual activation but it's still not activated)).

If it wassn't on a plan i would have given up.

I came across a good Telstra case manager though and even though he might not be Australian he at least understands what I'm going through (so stressful when should be doing your TAFE studies instead of chasing up a useless telecommunication company).

I hope yours sorted out your problem.

If you want a job done well do it yourself.
No-more-BS

I see the same merry go round issue still exists with Telstra and it's ability to provide just a pinch of customer service. I speak with the ultimate expierance....I once had a 30m cable left by Telstra exposed on my lawn for 10mths. It was cut and pulled out of the Comms box numerous times and I even had a friend who visited me get tangled and tripped up by the exposed cable.

My latest ride on the merry go round is just as laughable...The threatening text messages from Telstra are very rude and are making me now look into a new provider....🤔

dja62

Having problems getting my nbn service connected properly. Very frustrating being told its all being sorted by intermational call centres. Need to speak with someone in Australia who can give me a real answer !

Has been 7 days since my service was changed to NBN and since then no land line or internet !!! A technician advised faukt is likely at the node but told this was to be fixed Friday still not working grrrr !!!!!

Not happy Telstra !
gkleidon

ABC
gkleidon

You've succeeded Telstra. After 9 months you've depleted me and completly destroyed me,I'm done!
Good luck moving forward....
jimbo6

DITTO!

To all the comments over the years from my experience having non native speaking australians does present difficulties and endless  frustration.

Its not rocket science!

Try finding a telstra telephone no. on their web page for "contact us' its not there????

Support Team
Support Team

Hi jimbo6 A person doesn't have to be overseas to have an accent. I apologise that you find accents frustrating, but it's a big multinational multicultural world and as an employer Telstra embraces that. Telstra contact number is 13 22 00 but if you'd prefer we can help with many enquiries via LiveChat which is all in text instead:  http://tel.st/hsc3 

Jiggy2016

Ver difficult to contact them. Process is really slow for your orders.  I had given a link to call back but is not functioning. This experience us really fustrating

Hi PEDRO,

Thanks for taking the time to contact Telstra today. I hope I was able to resolve your enquiry.

Should you need to follow up, your reference number is: INT 1-1165107284651.

If there's anything more I can help you with, simply click the “Get back in touch” button between 8am and 9pm and I'll attempt to contact you within 45 minutes. If for any reason I'm unable to contact you, I'll make sure one of my colleagues will.

Please don't reply to this email to get back in touch. If you're trying to get back to me, just click here*

Track your usage and pay bills
Track your data usage, pay your bills and keep your payment information up to date plus much more via My Account.

Thanks again,

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jiggy2016, 

How did you get on with this? Has anyone got back in touch with you to progress your concerns? 

Kind Regards 

Lisamp

Hi thanks for this advice. I have just made copies of all phone calls. I have been holding for hours and hours each day. I run a medical practice and have no results no phones and no internet. I have been told by international call centre that a tech has been organised.
One night they told my by 10am then it was 12pm thenit was 2pm then it was 5pm. I had to organise care for children which they told me to do as I had to be onsite. Never came and upon calling they said wait until 7pm!! I got a hold of dispatch who said a tech was never organised. I have tried local business centres complaints etc however each time am directed to an overseas call centre who all say the same things. We understand we understand we will help. They are just wasting time on a call. They say they cannot put to a superior and nor are they allowed to give out any other phones numbers. I am commencing legal action for the suffering of our business both financial and in terms of future losses which I have well documented. Very very disappointed with telstra service. Would never recommend.
Lisamp

Hi ZV - I have recorded everything that has occurred this week and I have gone to the ombudsman however am looking to take further than this. I am interested in speaking with you about this.
kmac60

Both numbers have been disconnected. Calling 132200 is useless - I've been in the phone for nearly 2 hours and getting nowhere fast. Is there a working number in Australia?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kmac60

When you contact Telstra, your call is transferred to the next available consultant, irrespective of their location.

Regrettably there is no facility for you to be able to select the location of the consultant you speak with. 

What was it you needed assistance with? 

Kind Regards 

bailey2010

I have been onto telstra for the last three days and had to repeat the same old story over and over again to what the problem is. This is all over a telstra call centre employee not ringing me back at a time and date given to me.They need to get rid of these overseas call centres so that customers can keep their sanity as they are deplorable to deal with.The call back refers to disconnecting an old computer modem as i purchased a new one.Still today no one has called back.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bailey2010,

Sorry to hear about this experience.

Do you have a reference number for the call back? A reference number can look like one from this guide. If you can provide me with one of these I may be able to look into this for you.

-Chris

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now