CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
hazeyhaze85
Level 2: Rookie

I just want TV signal connection!!

Answered

Hi Telstra,

We recently moved in to our rental house, I initially wanted to get a TV antenna signal connected and noticed a 'telstra box' / wall box. So I called in. They weren't sure what I wanted. when I mentioned the 'telstra box' they said 'T-BOX' I have no clue what that is? they said I need internet to use a 'T-BOX'

So they went through the process of setting up internet for me. they took my details, name, address, drivers licence, my job, company i worked for etc. Then they said my 'credit' is all clear and they were gonna transfer me to 'Fibre Optic' as they don't have DSL at my address.

So I was transfered, and it went to the automated lady as if I just called in. I was cut off. I was back at the start again
So i explained that i made an account and i was gonna be transferred to 'fibre optic'. I got through. they put me on hold. an then I had to answer a 'feedback call'. it said 'did you get what you looking for?' or 'was your call it helpful?' something around those lines. and the call ended. I CALLED 3 TIMES!! i just gave up

Now I don't know for sure if an account has been made of if I am going to get internet.
I JUST WANT MY TV SIGNAL CONNECTED!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: I just want TV signal connection!!

Hi Hazeyhaze85, 

I think I just answered you on Facebook as well :-) 

However, as I mentioned there, it seems like you are in a Telstra Smart Community. 

These communities use a Telstra Velocity fibre optic service to supply Internet, Phone services, Free to Air TV and Foxtel services to houses all using the same cable. 

For assistance with these services, and getting the Free to Air TV working, have a chat with our Telstra Smart Community Team on 1800 008 994 who are available: 
M - F: 08:00 - 20:00 EST
SAT: 09:00 - 17:00 EST
SUN: CLOSED

They'll be able to confirm what needs to be done to get your Free to Air channels up and running for you. And if it's not necessary, they'll be able to cancel the order that has been placed. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero

Hey hazey,

Seems like you called a plumber to replace a light globe (yeah I know crap metaphor) still what you have committed to is a 24month contract to something I'm not even sure you wanted.

Me, I would've call Mr Antenna or similar for tv reception issues.

I guess now you can wait for your internet to kick in and what ever else needs to happen for you to pay a monthly subscription.. Oh and call an antenna guy, maybe?

Cheers,
Dave

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Hazeyhaze85, 

I think I just answered you on Facebook as well :-) 

However, as I mentioned there, it seems like you are in a Telstra Smart Community. 

These communities use a Telstra Velocity fibre optic service to supply Internet, Phone services, Free to Air TV and Foxtel services to houses all using the same cable. 

For assistance with these services, and getting the Free to Air TV working, have a chat with our Telstra Smart Community Team on 1800 008 994 who are available: 
M - F: 08:00 - 20:00 EST
SAT: 09:00 - 17:00 EST
SUN: CLOSED

They'll be able to confirm what needs to be done to get your Free to Air channels up and running for you. And if it's not necessary, they'll be able to cancel the order that has been placed. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

hazeyhaze85

Yes! I got the message.

thank you very much for your time Steph.
I will give them a buzz when im free. cheers again Smiley Wink

Haze

hazeyhaze85

hahaha Dave love the sarcasm mate.
Yea I thought that too. But with these new houses, free-to-air tv is connected with TELSTRA using fibre-optic network. MIND BLOWN!  This is very new to me too. So there are no ugly antennas on the roof. signals are transfered wirelessly.
Normally I would have done as you said, call the antenna dude. but this is not the case.

heres more info:
http://www.telstra.com.au/smart-community/download/document/telstra-velocity-homewiring-1108.pdf?red...
wednesday
Level 1: Cadet

I found it to believe its a T Box, does it have a remote with it and need to be tuned into the TV? Also Telstra are no longer selling them as they are pushing people over to Foxtel, so unless it was already there you cant get one. A TBox is about 6 inches square.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now