CrowdSupport®
Mungsta
Level 1: Cadet

Internet Options

Answered

I am moving into my companies house that does not have any options for my internet,  Currently with my NBN i have a new Telstra modem that can use the mobile net work as well.

I am wondering what is the best solution?  I will need it for approx 12 months.  Can I just use my modem in the new place on the mobile network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet Options

The LTE backup on the Telstra Smartmodem is designed for backup only. It operates a a maximum speed of 6/1MBps and once you go over a relatively small data limit each month, it will slow itself to 256kbps until eventually it stops.

If you can't get a landline connection at the house, have a look at the mobile broadband device and plans.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The LTE backup on the Telstra Smartmodem is designed for backup only. It operates a a maximum speed of 6/1MBps and once you go over a relatively small data limit each month, it will slow itself to 256kbps until eventually it stops.

If you can't get a landline connection at the house, have a look at the mobile broadband device and plans.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mungsta
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks @Jupiter.  That's what I thought someone would say.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more