CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
flameo
Level 1: Cadet

Lead-in Cable

Answered

Hi,

I currently have Optus as my home phone service provider and I am in the process of obtaining a new internet and phone service. During the installation process with TPG, a telstra technician informed me that the cabling at the NBP is not producing any signal. He then concluded that it is a lead in issue (without any further check, he refused to investigate further stating that I am not a telstra customer). TPG rang me back and told me to organise the fixing of the lead in cable issue. Both parties informed that that I should be paying all the cost regarding this.

I did a further check on the internet and apparently, Telstra (or the ISP provider that I am signing up with) should be responsible and paying the cost concerning this issue, as it is still Telstra responsibility to provide a working service up to the NBP. Can someone confirm this?

Secondly, since no one knows the extend of the damage (whether it is wear and tear due to age or disconnected service when I switched to Optus or significant damage that requies trenching and digging), is it possible to get a telstra technician to come and have a check free of charge?

Regards,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Lead-in Cable

Hi flameo,

We'd cover up to the main distribution frame for a unit or townhouse & up to the first socket for a house.

Customers pay for the trenching though

I'd suggest to contact us on 1800895319 & speak with our residential lead in team. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi flameo,

We'd cover up to the main distribution frame for a unit or townhouse & up to the first socket for a house.

Customers pay for the trenching though

I'd suggest to contact us on 1800895319 & speak with our residential lead in team. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

flameo

Thanks Shannon, your reply is much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Morgs

I have a similar issue.

I have signed up with TPG with phone and ADSL + 2.

I had no dial tone. TPG sent out an engineer (Telstra)

They have since told me that my lead in cable is only 15 meters long and the rest is MISSING? How can it be missing? TPG told me I must get a contractor out to dig at my cost. But if it was there to begin with where has it gone?

No one at Telstra will listen as I keep getting put to another department and another and another. I was given the 1800 895 319 but that does not connect.

The house was built in 2007 and I moved in 2010. The previous owners confirmed they did have a working phone line at time of sale and the house does have multiple phone ports.

I want some direction or at least somone at telstra to listen.

Thanks

M

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Morgs,

As neither of your potential services are with Telstra you will need to go through your nominated ISP - in this case TPG - to order any work done. If your ISP has told you that you need to have work done at cost to you then this is likely what you will need to do.

If you would like to have our pre-provisioning team do this work for you, you can contact that team on the number you've mentioned above, but please be aware that team is available only between 9am and 5pm Monday - Friday and there will be a cost for this.

If that number is not working for you during those hours please let me know.

Thanks, Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Morgs

This is crazy....

I want to have someone come out from Telstra and access and give me a full report on what has happened and what I need to do.

If the wires were once there where could they have gone????  HAve they been stolen? Do I need to call the Police?? My house has had a working telephone there before.

I have tried calling the number again and it does not work.

Please help if you can.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Has work been done on the property in the meantime, could the conduit have been moved/removed?

As Tim said above if you were looking to get services from Telstra we can help, however if not then you need to direct your enquiry to your provider. The reason for this is because the group that you need to have this investigated is Telstra Wholesale and they do not assist customers directly but rather your provider (be that BigPond/Telstra or a third party) will raise a request to them.

The process is the same for us as it is for TPG or any other provider for that matter.

If you wanted a service with Telstra we can place an order, when the order gets held due to infrastructure issues we can raise an investigation, however without an order there is nothing to raise a dispute against.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now