CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
gt2002
Level 3: Gumshoe

Moving across road but been told no infrastructure available...no phone or internet available

Answered

I have been a customer of Telstra for 20 years and live on a farm in SE Qld. We want to move across the road to another house on the property. The phone cable to this house came down 3 years ago in cyclone Oswald. I have paid an electrician to reinstall cabling from the house to the road.

When I rang telstra to move house  they said no problem.

However last Friday the Hold Order Team said there was a problem as there were no cables to house. I informed them there are and awaited a response. Have heard back today that due to "infrastructure problems??" they cannot offer phone or internet.

I explained to the Hold Order Team that there are cables available and they just need to be joined at the road. If there is a problem with the ports at the exchange they can use the one that goes to the house we are in as it won't be needed as we are moving to the other farm house. If anyone can help ...Hold order Reference is 16110715, move order is 182332.Phone order INT  -546740769919

A telstra tech had told me previously to get the electrician to install cabling and said to tell telstra the existing pairing would be used for the move and the lead in has been done. No one I speak to at the Hold Order Team will acknowledge this.

I asked them to send a tech to my house so I can explain but they would not do that?

Should I cancel the order and just report a fault and then speak to a real person face to face who can help me??

They seem to not want to allow a new phone service and don't listen to the fact that we want to transport our existing one

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Moving across road but been told no infrastructure available...no phone or internet available

Reporting a fault wouldn't help, because that tech wouldn't be able to do the work, she or he would need to refer you back to Telstra to get a booking in place...

I would suggest that speaking to the Complaints team might be your best step forward, explain to them the situation, explain that there is no new lead in, and see if they are able to get it sorted, failing that you might be best to take it to the TIO, because they are legally required to provide you with a PSTN/Landline service, and when the infrastructure is there and able to handle it they would have a hard time explaining why they will not connect it... but complaints first (make sure you get the SR reference number as this will be required by TIO if it escalates to that)

You can lodge a complaint online here:
https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
Or by the phone on 132200 and say "Complaints"
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Re: Moving across road but been told no infrastructure available...no phone or internet available

Reporting a fault wouldn't help, because that tech wouldn't be able to do the work, she or he would need to refer you back to Telstra to get a booking in place...

I would suggest that speaking to the Complaints team might be your best step forward, explain to them the situation, explain that there is no new lead in, and see if they are able to get it sorted, failing that you might be best to take it to the TIO, because they are legally required to provide you with a PSTN/Landline service, and when the infrastructure is there and able to handle it they would have a hard time explaining why they will not connect it... but complaints first (make sure you get the SR reference number as this will be required by TIO if it escalates to that)

You can lodge a complaint online here:
https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
Or by the phone on 132200 and say "Complaints"
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

gt2002
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks for your reply Dr Qwerty90,

I will try complaints...

what is the TIO??

And also what is the SR reference number

many thanks 

gt2002

The SR reference is the complaint reference number,
sorry I should have explained myself.

They have different references, the INT or interaction reference are just references of the discussion, SR are used for service requests or complaints, and the SR number should be something like SR 1-5x, much the same as the INT number.

The TIO is the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, they are a third party impartial mediators whose role it is, is to mediate between customers and their telecommunications provider(s) to ensure resolutions of issues, at least in theory they will work with both you and in this case Telstra to discuss the situation and work out to get it resolved, or if there is physically a reason why it cannot be completed, for an explanation and to work on alternative solutions for you.
Their website is here with all their details: https://www.tio.com.au/
Helpful Links

But the TIO are meant to give the Telco's complaints team a chance to resolve the issue, so they will ask you for the complaint number (the SR 1-5x number) in order to verify you have tried to resolve the issue with them.
Helpful Links

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now