CrowdSupport®
Oops2
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Cashmere

Warning NBN connection in Cashmere, has service really downgrade so much. A tech came out yesterday to install NBN’s connection device and modem. Install fell over as the DPU in the street is faulty. I had no phone line and the tech was on the line to a call centre for over two hours to get someone to look at it (no luck). NBN won’t attend until the 19 Feb and a Telstra tech booked for two days after that. Not good enough Telstra and NBN. NBN don’t seem to care about medical priority. I phoned and pleaded with the original tech to attend to direct connect the line back to my home to enable old service. This was done.. I am thinking twice about my choice and maybe cancel the NBN and carry on with my patchy ADSL connection for as long as I can. Are Are NBN really this poor with service?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN Cashmere

Really sorry to hear that infrastructure's not quite ready there yet. To run through your specifics and options, please call our NBN Assurance team on 1800 834 273. They'll happily run you through your options, and cancel if necessary. 

Please let us know how you get on. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

When that type off situation occurs, it is out of Telstra's control. Hardware failures will occur from time to time, and that type of failure will be beyond the NBN technician's control. Replacement parts would need to be ordered and installed before your installation could occur.

Under the regulations that are in place, rolling someone back to a POTS service is not a straightforward process and needs the higher ups in NBN Co to sign off before it can happen.

As far as the medical priority goes, are you registered with Telstra as a Medical Priority Customer (requires a form to be completed by your doctor)?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Oops2

I understand electronic devices fail, it’s the lead time to fix and Telstra’s attitude on the phone and the wasted hours needed to get a response from TELSTRA, it is appalling. I spent over three hours on the phone after the tech left with faults wanting to test the line again and again. All they had to do is look at the tech notes to prove I had lost my line. It’s not a one off, it’s almost impossible to get a fault call into Telstra and complete a call under an hour at anytime. If I didn’t drive down the street to speak to a tech working on NBN and speak to the tech that tried to connect nbn that morning I would be without a line for over two weeks. Completely unacceptable. Yes, I am listed medical priority
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Oops2,

I'm sorry to hear the difficulties you've been experiencing with trying to secure an nbn connection. I can appreciate this would be frustrating and this is not the service we wish to provide.

In this instance, I would recommend lodging a complaint and you can do so here. This will generate an SR reference number once submitted and I ask that you pass this on to me so that I can follow this up for you.

Please let me know how you go.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Oops2

Hi Matty,
I was so angry with them with so much time lost and worried about no having a phone. Also I received a call last night saying the NBN order went into error. They said they need to resubmit and escalate, advised Telstra may even need to cancel a tech call on 21 feb. they were to come out after NBN repair/ replace DPU on 19 feb.
ref no of complaint just logged
Thank you
Oops2

Hi Matty,
Just thought i’d Give you a quick update. I haven’t had any contact from NBN or Telsta as yet.
Regards
Cahn
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry you have not been contacted.

I have sent a contact request to our complaints team for you.

Let me know what happens.

Oops2

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for trying to kick the TELSTRA team into gear. It’s a shame Telstra is so unresponsive. I had a call earlier during the week when advising me they were maybe going to cancel the appointment on the 21 Feb. He was going to call me back the following day. That call didn’t happen either. I really think I have been taken for a ride.. when I ordered the upgrade to NBN a few weeks ago they gave me a deal that included my mobile being contracted and took over my Foxtel. After being with Telstra for over 35 years, service for what ever reason has hit an all time low. Spending hours on the phone when there is a landline issue is one thing, but being unresponsive with a customer is absolutely pathetic. The complaint to NBN co I logged has also met with silence, even though they claim to contact me within 48 hours.
Support Team
Support Team

Ok thank you. Hearing you loud and clear, please let me know when your case manager calls. Thank you.
- Ryan

Oops2

I won’t be sending anymore updates as Telstra don’t return calls. Looks like your loosing yet another customer. Wake up Telstra.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Oops2. 

I sincerely apologise that you have not yet been contacted. I can see our previous correspondence with the NBN complaints team has resulted in your case manager being assigned and they will be in contact soon. 

I have now reached out directly to your complaint case manager and their supervisor via email. I have requested that they contact you via phone as soon as they are available to do so to update you on this and what they are doing to resolve the issue. 

I know we have advised you of this previously but I can see the complaint is progressing and our escalation has not been in vain. 

If you have not received contact from your case manager within 24-48 business hours (as I am not privy to the case managers individual work schedule), please come back & let us know here so we can take assist further. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Oops2

Just as an up date, no contact from TELSTRA. Although after a phone call a couple of weeks ago to a case manager, I have found that TELSTRA is the problem. Telstra looks like they lied about NBN coming out on the 19 and TELSTRA was a no show coming out two days after that. So you will loose a customer that’s been loyal with you for 35 years in the next couple of weeks. I wish I could invoice you for all the wasted hours on the phone recently and the last two mornings I stayed at home, waiting for Casper to knock on the door. Your all pathetic and haven’t a clue how to deal or retain clients. I’d like to tell you what I really think but I’m too polite to go down that path. When I cancel, if TELSTRA try to hold me to any contracts I’ll go straight to the media. I’m thinking I should share my experience anyway, so people can use iiNet, TPG or other provider that don’t lie like TELSTRA has over the last couple of months.
Regards
Cahn
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Cahn, I can see your case manager has been in contact with you recently, however we'll be happy to request further follow-up from them to provide an update. Please keep in mind Telstra has no control over the NBN, however I do apologise your expected NBN tech did not arrive as booked. Until that work is completed by nbn Co Telstra or any service provider cannot complete your connection. I am sure we're working on this for you as best we can in the meantime. I apologise again for the experience so far.

Oops2

you guys have still not placed an order. I’m over Telstra, way too hard to deal with and I am sick and tired of always following you up.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now