CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Connection Issue

Hi,
I need help getting connected to the nbn network. I applied through Telstra in December 2018 to move over from ADSL internet to Fixed Wireless NBN as this is the only service available in our area. It is now May 2019 and I am STILL WAITING for it to be installed! Telstra keeps telling me that nbn says I’m nbn ready and all I need to do is plug in my modem, but I DON’T have any nbn equipment installed at my house! There is no nbn box and no nbn antenna! I have provided proof of my address to both Telstra and nbnco to get the missing nbn equipment installed but I’m getting absolutely nowhere! I have lived at my address since 2011 at which time the nbn wasn’t even available yet and I can GUARANTEE that there is no nbn equipment at my house! I have a case manager with Telstra but we just seem to be going around in circles. It’s been 5 months and I STILL can’t get anyone to arrange for a technician to come and do the installation!! Can anyone help please? I have come here as a last resort.
Thank you!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN Connection Issue

If your case manager hasn't been able to help, then the next step would be to lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman via www.tio.com.au
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for your reply. Already did that back at the start of April, they’re not getting anywhere with them either. Was hoping someone here might have had another solution.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Not good to read you are not progressing with the complaint.

Have they updated you regarding what is happening?

- Kathy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more