Guldenaar
Level 1: Cadet

NBN around me but not in the building

Hi, I live in Northcote <Removed for Privacy> since Feb2019, we have been hearing about NBN since then, but no provider has appeared offering connection. This is a new building with around 2 years.

I just checked on NBN website and it says that the whole area have NBN access, I asked a few people from the shops on the ground floor and they have NBN.

I currently have ADSL2+ in my apartment, I went to the NBN website and it says that I need to request to a provider in order to get connected to NBN network.

We are a bulding with around 100 apartments, very profitable if you connect us to NBN.

Is there any way to request this?

Thanks.

Roberto Guldenaar

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN around me but not in the building

Yes, ring up and request to migrate across on 1800 993 728.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Guldenaar
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

Thanks I will call tomorrow... by "request to migrate across" do you mean provide with NBN access to my bulding?

Regards.

Roberto Guldenaar
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Guldenaar

Our NBN team on the number Jupiter has provided can assist with a transition to the NBN for you. If your apartment building has NBN access, then it sounds like all is ready to migrate over from ADSL to the NBN. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

If your building has been provisioned for NBN services by NBN Co, then placing a migration order with Telstra will allow you to be connected to the NBN.

If your buildings infrastructure hasn't been upgraded with the appropriate hardware and connections by NBN Co, then your Body Corporate will have to organise with NBN Co to undertake the works that are required.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now