CrowdSupport®
gypsey
Level 2: Rookie

NBN fixed wireless

Answered

Just built a second development with house on an existing house block. So now 2 houses on one block. First house was around when NBN went thru, it’s a rural town so Fixed Wireless was installed (satellite on roof, box in house). We want the same put on new house but not connected as leaving that up to prospective tenants to organise plans,etc, just want the infrastructure there. NBN co advised that need to go thru service provider. Spoke to Telstra and they advised would only do if we activated service and got a plan. Apart from me going to Ombudsman or ACMA I’m stuck. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN fixed wireless

From my understanding its its only possible to have the NTD installed as part of getting a service and not just the NTD itself. When tennants move in they will need to order an NBN service and arrange a time for the NTD to be installed.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

The Ombudsman can't help in this case. In order to get the infrastructure installed on the house, you need to order a service so that the RSP will place an order with NBN Co. RSPs can't place an order with NBN Co if a service isn't going to be activated as part of the request.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

From my understanding its its only possible to have the NTD installed as part of getting a service and not just the NTD itself. When tennants move in they will need to order an NBN service and arrange a time for the NTD to be installed.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The Ombudsman can't help in this case. In order to get the infrastructure installed on the house, you need to order a service so that the RSP will place an order with NBN Co. RSPs can't place an order with NBN Co if a service isn't going to be activated as part of the request.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now