CrowdSupport®
Xtrem8
Level 1: Cadet

NBN install with landline port from Optus

I have ordered NBN with home phone back in September 2018 and the service is yet to be configured.

I had lost my internet connection with Optus due to Telstra requesting to port the phone number on 17/09 and still cannot receive calls from non Telstra subscribers.
Internet only starting working 19/10 due to Telstra being unable to organise an NBN tech to attend and fix an issue with the DPU and my line.

4 Telstra technicians and a NBN technician. I have internet and dial tone. I can now dial out and receive calls from Telstra callers ONLY.

I am yet to have receive any documentation on the Telstra TV unit and only received one when I spoke to a consultant and advised I never received one.

I have had three complaints managers and an active TIO complaint and still don’t seem to be any closer to a resolution with this case.

Without any disrespect PLEASE have someone assist me from Australia who understands English and doesn’t give me answers like “I don’t understand why this is not working” and when I explain what I believe is the issue get told “yeah that makes sense. I never thought of that” yet never seem to action anything.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN install with landline port from Optus

Hey Xtreme8,

Not the experience that we like to hear of and I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that these issues with the NBN connection have caused you Smiley Sad I'm not able to have this escalated any further for you via these Social Forums and would be something to discuss with your current case manager to see if this can be changed to another case manager. I'm happy to request further followup from your current case manager if you could have the SR reference number confirmed with me? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now