CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Jess23
Level 2: Rookie

NBN

Answered

OMG - Someone please give me an answer!

I am going to try and write this as simple as possible as after 3 conversations with different people from telstra ive had several different conflicting answers!!!!

So, we currently have a NBN plan with telstra $100 a month with telstra tv and 200gig, home phone ect ect.

We are moving in 4 weeks, where we are moving to already has a telstra NBN contract attached. The owner is staying at the house, NOT moving and they have a locked in contract with telstra.

We will be moving in, we also have a locked in contract with telstra. We have been told a few different things by telstra but from what i can gether, we can not have 2 different NBN services at the one premises? Correct?

Fine, no dramas..... So, what can we do? We are locked into a contract for 24months, so we will be paying for the service even though telstra can not supply the NBN service to the new address.

So what options do we have? Can we switch to a differnt internet connection other than NBN? Can we cancel the contract becasue you can not supply it? What do we do?

As you can appreciate, its frustrating to get so many different responces from Telstra so i would like this to be cleared up.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BladeScott
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN

Hi Jess!

Contract cancellation isn't thousdands, so don't worry!

Do you know if the property you're moving into is Fibre to the Premsis?

If so, that property will have a box called an NTD. This NTD has 4 Internet Ports, and 2 Voice ports.

This means, the current person living in the home can keep his internet connection, and you can move yours to that property as well, having 2 seperate internet connections. One for you to use, another for the person currently living there. You'll just use another port!

Having 2 internet connections to the same Fibre to the premsis home won't impact anyones speeds. Thats the beauty of FTTP!

Thanks!

I am a Telstra Process Support SME and replying on the forums in my own time. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Matt_1909
Level 1: Cadet

for starters they are telling you all 100% correct info. you cannot have 2 internet services on 1 address unless there is 2 phone lines with 2 different numbers. so either no move to that address and save money or cancel contract and pay the remainder of  contract out which could be thousands of $$'s

Jess23

If they cant provide the service though why should i have to fork out the dollers for it?

We have to move to that address so not moving is not an option.

BladeScott
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Hi Jess!

Contract cancellation isn't thousdands, so don't worry!

Do you know if the property you're moving into is Fibre to the Premsis?

If so, that property will have a box called an NTD. This NTD has 4 Internet Ports, and 2 Voice ports.

This means, the current person living in the home can keep his internet connection, and you can move yours to that property as well, having 2 seperate internet connections. One for you to use, another for the person currently living there. You'll just use another port!

Having 2 internet connections to the same Fibre to the premsis home won't impact anyones speeds. Thats the beauty of FTTP!

Thanks!

I am a Telstra Process Support SME and replying on the forums in my own time. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Jess23

Thank you for solving this issue for me Blade - Fantastic work!

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now