CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
prose6666
Level 1: Cadet

New home connection-wall box

Answered

Had a new connection done on my new house.  There were some issues but overall the line was connected and the phone is working.  The problem is the technician has left the bare wires dangling outside in the open, no  NTD/wall box/termination point was installed.

Contacted Telstra and requested for a technician to come out and finish the install.  Various calls (o'seas) and as yet nothing.

My first bill included service fee for new home connection.  I refused to pay it until the job was completed. So Telstra slowed my Broadband internet due to outstanding bill.  Walked in to Telstra shop and spoke to customer service rep who put us onto a gentleman who basically said the technician will not come out and finish the job until the bill was paid. I'm thinking blackmail.  We said we were dissatisfied with this and would disconnect with Telstra and he gave us the number for disconnections.  Great.  They did say once the bill was paid it will be fixed within the week (1 month ago), still waiting.

So I paid the bill and still nothing. Oh, and they charged me an overdue fee as well. Every time I speak to a Telstra customer service rep they have no idea what the little box on the side of the house is called. 

Who can I talk to in Australia that knows what I want.  Just today they called back saying, "so you don't have a dial tone"!!!! What the!!!!!!!

End of rant, sorry for the long story, very frustrating.  Any help appreciated. Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: New home connection-wall box

I can appreciate the concern about the installation of the junction box not being completed - I'll be in touch shortly via private message to help follow up and get this sorted out.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: New home connection-wall box

I can appreciate the concern about the installation of the junction box not being completed - I'll be in touch shortly via private message to help follow up and get this sorted out.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more