CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
HenryPan
Level 1: Cadet

No phone socket but need NBN

Answered
Recently, I moved to a new place. I want to get NBN from telstra but there is no phone socket in my new place. Is there any one know how to solve the problem? Should I apply for a profession installation to get my internet access?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: No phone socket but need NBN

You can still put in an order and NBN will organise the lead-in cable and a socket if need be.

You will get charged a $299 NBN new connection fee if you don't have a lead-in cable to the premises
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
MonkeeSee
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi Henry,

A good place to start would be a local electrician.
They will be able to provide the wiring and socket inside your house for you.

Telstra can move the socket but I am not sure if they can do all the wiring in the house.
You can check with your local store as they might know if there is someone that can locally do all the required wiring in your house.

Smiley Happy
My wisdom is my own and my views are too!
I am not here to represent Telstra or any of thier partners, nor do I represent thier views.
I am here to help people out in my spare time and gain some wisdom and knowledge just like you Smiley Happy
Accepted Solution

You can still put in an order and NBN will organise the lead-in cable and a socket if need be.

You will get charged a $299 NBN new connection fee if you don't have a lead-in cable to the premises
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Terry9P
Level 1: Cadet

First check that NBN is available at your new place. Then if it is talk to Telstra (if you really must have them as supplier)

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now