CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
labmouse
Level 1: Cadet

No phone socket in apartment

I've just moved into an apartment that has only ever had the owner living in it previously. The apartment has three networking ports but as far as i can discern there is no phone socket.

I'd like to have adsl in the apartment but I need to know if I can or if i have to ask permission from the owner to install a phone socket.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: No phone socket in apartment

If there has never been a phone port, it is posible that if they had internet it may have been Cable internet (in some areas only) which runs over a Foxtel HTC port, it is a port like an arial port.

If a phone line was required to be installed, you would need to check with the landlord, as they can object to it, however they shouldn't really have any reason to. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 21: Augmented

Re: No phone socket in apartment

In new places the network port works as a telephone point.

It is best to ask the owner if they had a phone line before, I would expect one of those network ports to be a telephone point

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now