CrowdSupport®
Rdd
Level 1: Cadet

Pit to house

Answered
I have a telstra pit outside my neighbour's house. It has nbn cable in It. From there to my house is 20m. I have already got a guide rope from pit to my house. Can i get nbn cable installed from pit to my premises?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Pit to house

The works that need to be done to install NBN to your house is going to depend on how the cabling is arranged in the street. If there is a connection allocated for your house in that pit, then it will just be a matter of NBN Co coming out and doing the final connection.

If there is no connection allocated (normally happens if a block is sub-divided), then it may take a bit longer as they will have to run more cable from the node to the pit (or even install a new pit).

Either way, call 132200 and ask for "New Connections" where you will be able to order a service and the install will be organised for you (there are fees for new connections).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The works that need to be done to install NBN to your house is going to depend on how the cabling is arranged in the street. If there is a connection allocated for your house in that pit, then it will just be a matter of NBN Co coming out and doing the final connection.

If there is no connection allocated (normally happens if a block is sub-divided), then it may take a bit longer as they will have to run more cable from the node to the pit (or even install a new pit).

Either way, call 132200 and ask for "New Connections" where you will be able to order a service and the install will be organised for you (there are fees for new connections).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Rdd
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you fingers crossed.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now