CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Gursimrat
Level 2: Rookie

Porting a Number from Telstra Business to Personal account

Hi Team,

I had been trying to Migrate my Phone number from Company name to my account. This request was raised on 8th of March. All the documents were provided which were verified. I was told that it will take 4-24 hr for this to happen, but never happened. Called help line number multiple time, escalation is raised and backend team has been informed for first 2 days and then it takes maximum of 72 hours so please wait till Friday etc etc is being conveyed. 

When I call today, only thing I hear is that backend team is not provisioning we can not do any thing. Is that such a big thing to transfer number from Telstra to telstra.

Is there any one who can help me on this or I can assume that this is Telstra reputation that complaints and support are worst with this provider and that is what I am feeling. Sorry to say as I insisted to stay with telstra.

Thanks
Gursimrat

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Porting a Number from Telstra Business to Personal account

HI Gursimrat, my apologies for the ongoing frustration with the changeover of mobile ownership and I hope this is completed for you soon. For privacy reasons we're not able to access accounts via posts on these forums, but if you've been provided with any reference details in your recent calls or chats I can contact the case manager assigned to the order. These references would normally begin with 'SR-1' or 'INT-1'. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Gursimrat

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply, I believe one if the tech gave me
1-1941941611542.

Thanks
Gur
Thanks
Gursimrat
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you Gursimrat, I can advise this has been escalated further and I have also requested your case manager reaches out to you as soon as possible. 

Please do let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Gursimrat

Thanks Renee for replying, no offense but I have been hearing this that the case manager will call me today/tomorrow etc. but never got even a single call from them. I hope this time you might be lucky.

Thanks
Gur
Thanks
Gursimrat
Gursimrat

Hi Renee,

Just to let you know that it is almost 5:00 Pm and I have not received any call from anybody in Telstra.
I even believe that this case was already esclated on 11th March 2019.

Do we have any specific reason so to why this is taking so long.

Thanks
Gur
Thanks
Gursimrat
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Gursimrat

I can see Renee followed this up for you last night.

While you can expect contact as soon as possible, this does usually occur within 2 business days when we follow up on your behalf.

If for some reason you do not receive contact by close of business Thursday, please let us know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Gursimrat

Thanks Shannon, that is fine with me.

But what they do by calling me or by contacting me. My concern is not the contact from Telstra, my concern is to port the number as soon as possible as the request was raised on 8th March and case was escalated on 11th March. Today is 20th March still port/ migration of the number has not been completed.

I am happy to wait till Thursday eob as well.
Thanks
Gursimrat
Support Team
Support Team

We would be looking to do this for you as soon as we can & I apologise if the delay has caused any inconvenience. 

Please let us know how you go or if for some reason contact isn't made by when I've advised, please respond here.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Gursimrat

@ShannonD

I did not receive any call from any body

Thanks
Gursimrat
Thanks
Gursimrat

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now