CrowdSupport®
Loz_Bot22
Level 1: Cadet

Problem Since Porting

Answered

A week ago I ported over from Optus to Telstra. I have called Telstra several times and they keep telling me there is nothing wrong the only thing I finally got them to do was send a report to their porting people and they would get back to me soon. Basically the problem is I can make calls and texts and receive texts fine. However when some people try to call me my phone dosen't ring and a guy with a completely different number to mine answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Problem Since Porting

Sounds like the port forwarding wasn't completely properly when the port was completed from Optus. I would suggest calling 132200 and say "number portability" and that should get you through to a specific team who can help, if you have issues getting to them try to say "activation" and then advise the activation team you need to speak to number portability as you appear to be having issues with the porting of your number and they should be able to connect you. 

Hopefully they should be able to get it sorted for you.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Problem Since Porting

Sounds like the port forwarding wasn't completely properly when the port was completed from Optus. I would suggest calling 132200 and say "number portability" and that should get you through to a specific team who can help, if you have issues getting to them try to say "activation" and then advise the activation team you need to speak to number portability as you appear to be having issues with the porting of your number and they should be able to connect you. 

Hopefully they should be able to get it sorted for you.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now