CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Problems logging into Bigpond mail server

Hi, I have been using Mozilla Thunderbird for years as my email platform. However it stopped working last week, and i am now unable to login into by Bigpond email server. So i tried using my Outlook 2013 but i had exactly the same issues. Login name and/or password not recognized. I know these details have not changed because i can still use them to access webmail. But i pref re to use an email platoform. Any ideas?  Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Problems logging into Bigpond mail server

Try the troubleshooter here:
https://fix.telstra.com/smart-troubleshooting/u/email
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @fozzatron,

How did you go, were you able to try the troubleshooting tool that Jupiter provided? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yeah sorted, kind of. I have made it work. I uninstalled Thunderbird and re-intalled and now its working again with the same password. Go figure. Now i'm trying to retrieve my previous archive. Not going well. Oops. Thanks!

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for confirming you can log into your mail.

Let us know if you have been unable to retrieve the archive.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more