CrowdSupport®
CK999
Level 1: Cadet

Relocate Cable Broadband Wall socket or Install new socket

I have Telstra Cable Broadbank at home.

Want to move the existing wall socket to a different location or install a new socket. Wht would be the best way of doing this ? Can Telstra arrange for this? 

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Relocate Cable Broadband Wall socket or Install new socket

If you would like Telstra to arrange it for you, your best bet would be to call 133933 and speak to Cable Tech Support who should be able to arrange a tech to come out and do it for you. Just note there would normally be a charge of some description for them to do it.

You could also try contacting a licenced cabler in your area and see if they are able to do it for you, often electricians are a good place to start nowadays with the ever increasing cases of smart homes and the like they tend to be on top of it.

The only advantages I can see of going through Telstra's tech is that they can actually test everything to make sure it is good to go and working right.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

CK999
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Relocate Cable Broadband Wall socket or Install new socket

Thanks. Will call the Telstra Cable tech support and get a Quote from them.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more