CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Latch
Level 1: Cadet

Relocating service to an area that cannot get the same broadband service.

Answered

I am looking to move house soon. An initial address search says the new address cannot get ADSL2+, which I have at my current location, however I can get ADSL at the new location.

Can I transfer the service from ADSL2+ to ADSL? If so what will happen to my contract? (e.g. recontract, plan change fees etc.)

I have performed a search previously on the new address using an ADSL2+ exchange website. It states that ADSL2+ is available but there are 'no free ports' available at the exhange. Is this accurate? Can this be rectified?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Relocating service to an area that cannot get the same broadband service.

Hi Latch

Your current contract (or any contract) can allow for either ADSL or ADSL 2+. If you are able to move your existing contract to the new address, then the slight change in ADSL will have no effect on this. 

No free ports basically means that they have run out of room at the exchange. The only way to rectify this is to wait until someone else at that exchange to disconnect and that will free up the space so that you can reconnect. What this means is that you may have to check back with us periodically to see whether there are any free spots available. The best way to check this accuracy is to speak with us on 132200 - we'll be able to look at placing that order for you and see what technology is available to connect you to. 

Good luck with the move! They are never fun, are they? Hope everything goes smooth. 

Sam 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Relocating service to an area that cannot get the same broadband service.

Hi Latch

Your current contract (or any contract) can allow for either ADSL or ADSL 2+. If you are able to move your existing contract to the new address, then the slight change in ADSL will have no effect on this. 

No free ports basically means that they have run out of room at the exchange. The only way to rectify this is to wait until someone else at that exchange to disconnect and that will free up the space so that you can reconnect. What this means is that you may have to check back with us periodically to see whether there are any free spots available. The best way to check this accuracy is to speak with us on 132200 - we'll be able to look at placing that order for you and see what technology is available to connect you to. 

Good luck with the move! They are never fun, are they? Hope everything goes smooth. 

Sam 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now