CrowdSupport®
HoneyBunyBadger
Level 1: Cadet

Rural: Map of Lines/Connections/infrastructure?

I'm buying a rural/semi-rural property just outside of Canberra. Trying to find the closest Telstra connection to see if I can get ASDL ie run a 10pr line (the 4G reception is patchy because it's partially in a gully, hence a landline would be better). The call centre can't help because the addresses in their system don't match up (the road isn't even listed in the right town - listed as 2 towns over and no there aren't any roads of this name in that town) and even then they just have a lot of the same "Lot X"s listed for the same road. DP number didn't help either. How do I get hold of a map of lines or connections or infrastructure or whatever to see the distance I'd need to run a line (and hence cost)? I've seen the Telstra Global instrasture map but its mostly just seabed cables etc. Any ideas? Other that buying an antenna for mobile broadband?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Rural: Map of Lines/Connections/infrastructure?

I'd pop the address into NBN's map here https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential/learn/rollout-map

If the NBN build is complete in your area, Telstra won't be able to connect you to ADSL. To my knowledge there are no public maps with the information you're after.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

HoneyBunyBadger
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks but I'd already checked that on the off chance they had gone a bit out of townships and urban areas. But alas I am rural just 40min out of Canberra and probably going to need a Broadband modem +aerial for internet access.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi HoneyBunyBadger,

I can appreciate the challenge if there is currently no infrastructure in place.

Have you checked to see if the area is going to be covered by NBN https://tel.st/l6h7g as wireless NBN may be available now or in the near future?

To pursue the option of phone lines, I suggest to check with a local Telstra shop, in rural areas they tend to be familiar with the infrastructure in the area. The other option is to get in touch with our sales team 1800 676 088 and request to process an unconfirmed address. This request will go to a team in back of house which checks the address against the infrastructure to establish if a connection is possible.

Let us know how you go.
-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now