CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Melissa231
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Pillars on residential land

Answered
Hi,
My question is in regards to the telstra Pillars I think that's what they are called. They hold all your cables to connect phone lines.
I have not come across any on residential land (behind a fence) they are always in front of the fence. I want to know can these be moved off my land? Are there others out there who have these on their land?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Pillars on residential land

Hi there Melissa, you sound like you may have been contacting the wrong Telstra people.

Take a look and read of the following link, you'll find the steps to take and the correct contacts to make and get your problem solved: https://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/digging-construction/relocating-network-assets

There's a specific form to be completed there also to get the process underway.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello Melissa,

....now that IS a "doozy" !!

I don't think you'll get an answer here, but I think you may be best to write to the CEO's office at Telstra....who would probably direct it to he appropriate  division, such as possibly their engineering division .

Here is a link to their executive contacts

https://www.telstra.com.au/webforms/contact-ceo/index.cfm

I would be interested to hear the response!

Best wishes

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Melissa231

So far we have had no luck with the people we have contacted. they have been so rude. I'll give it a go & see what happens.
Accepted Solution

Hi there Melissa, you sound like you may have been contacting the wrong Telstra people.

Take a look and read of the following link, you'll find the steps to take and the correct contacts to make and get your problem solved: https://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/digging-construction/relocating-network-assets

There's a specific form to be completed there also to get the process underway.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Melissa231

After being transferred 4 times & having to repeat my story 3 times. I have just contacted them who have advised me they can be moved at my cost!! I was also told Telstra workers can come on my land when ever they feel like it to access the elevated joints. I have now lodge a complaint & will be contact within 48 hours. I can't believe I have no rights on my own land.

Like it or not, all utility companies retain that right, communications, electricity, water etc..

How long have you had the property and was that infrastructure on the property when you bought/moved in. Sounds to me like there may have been a boundary adjustment made prior to you occupancy.

I know it's rare that that type of fitting is placed on private property except in circumstances such as multi dwellings, such as older town houses etc.

Signature.gif

Melissa231

We purchased the land & built our home. The NEW elevated joints were there on the wrong side of the fence when we purchased the newly sub divided land. We didn't realise that we would have an issue. It use to be farming land & now it's all being divided and sold off. So the more people who move in the more times we are going to have telstra on our land.
Level 22: Superhuman

Dear Melissa,

It's always better to start at the very top, so when that office refers you lower down, you can infer that you will go back to the original higher level if you can't get satisfaction.

I think you should write to the CEO whose name is on that link.

It sounds like you have a very good case.

I would immediately contact your local   Federal Member of Parliament 

and also the Commonwealth Ombudsman, http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/

and throw it in also with the Minuster for Communications, Malcolm Turnbull http://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au/

Hope my advice helps. Thanks and good luck

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Gracey10
Level 2: Rookie

It's sad at times reading some of the misguided advice that floats around here.

Melissa, my brother had a very similar problem to you, phoned Telstra over and over, then did the letter things like your being talked into and spent nearly 12 months getting no where. The CEO, local member didn't give a fig.

He went to the local Telstra shop and the guy there said to get the right action, go on line and fill in the application with all the details. He got an email back for some additional information and then two weeks later two Telstra vans arrived and in his case it was an inground pit was shifted onto the street. 2 weeks after spending months and months going around in circles.

Real life story and advice.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now