CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
map_856
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Velocity Phone Handset Compatibility

Answered

I will be moving into a new house which is on Telstra Smart Community. My question is, can standard PSTN handsets with tone dialling be used with Telstra Velocity, or will special IP handsets be required?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BertieKern
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Velocity Phone Handset Compatibility

Your normal tone dialing handsets will work just fine. A technician will come out to provision your Telstra Velocity fibre, just point out to him which sockets in the house you will be using for phone and which one you will use for your modem and he will patch it all into the Fibre box for you. Test that the phones are working while he/she is there also.

Hope this helps.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
BertieKern
Accepted Solution

Your normal tone dialing handsets will work just fine. A technician will come out to provision your Telstra Velocity fibre, just point out to him which sockets in the house you will be using for phone and which one you will use for your modem and he will patch it all into the Fibre box for you. Test that the phones are working while he/she is there also.

Hope this helps.

map_856

OK, thanks BertieKern.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now