CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra insanity

We moved house and office with 3 phone lines all together. Telstra was connecting and disconnecting on the same day. All was meant to go smoothly they assured me but I did haver doubts from previous experience.
Ok so one phone line gets connected and the other 2 (that we use for our business) do not. They tell me that they have to put in new cabling in the street and they are right on it! Couldn't they have checked this before connection date??? Anyway 2 weeks of no phones and finally after a lot of yelling and screaming 2 technicians come out and tell me that rats have chewed the cables, the fix it and bingo the phones work.
Then we try to get ADSL on the phone line and telstra tell me the lines are not connected but connection is due in a week. I keep telling them, all of them, that the phone lines do work but that's way to hard for them to comprehend as it's not on their notes!! Anyway the day comes when the lines are meant to be completed (for what I do not know), and they disconnect them both and now we have no phone that works in our office OR ADSL!!! Anyone would think we lived in some third world country. The incompetence is beyond belief! How can a company keep going with these kind os systems?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra insanity

Hi Barnichols, sorry to hear about the ongoing problems you've had with the activation of your phone lines and broadband connection. I can follow up on this to help get the services up and running - I'll be in touch shortly via private message. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra insanity

You're not Robinson Caruso. They are incompetent, for a communications company, they can't communicate amongst themselves to get the job required done. I have had similar problems that may possibly be fixed tomorrow, but lets wait and see what tomorrow holds, no breath holding going here.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more