I currently have adsl2+ Internet
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Transfer to nbn

The speed tier depends on which plan you are on when you transfer to NBN. The Essentials plan for $70 per month gives you a speed of tier of 25/5 and the Unlimited plan for $90 per month gives you a speed of tier of 50/5. There are some cheaper plans that give you a speed tier of 12/1. See link below for information about the Unlimited and essential plans. You will have to speak to a sales consultant for information about the other plans.

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet

You can elect to stay on your existing plan and the speed tier will depend on your existing plan.

Your actual link speeds could be lower depending on physical limitation of the link particularly if you have a FTTN or Fixed radio NBN link.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

By default you'll go onto the 50/20 tier though you're actual line speeds may be greater than that or less. Depending on your lines capability you could upgrade to 100/40 or you may go down to 25/5.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Accepted Solution

The speed tier depends on which plan you are on when you transfer to NBN. The Essentials plan for $70 per month gives you a speed of tier of 25/5 and the Unlimited plan for $90 per month gives you a speed of tier of 50/5. There are some cheaper plans that give you a speed tier of 12/1. See link below for information about the Unlimited and essential plans. You will have to speak to a sales consultant for information about the other plans.

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet

You can elect to stay on your existing plan and the speed tier will depend on your existing plan.

Your actual link speeds could be lower depending on physical limitation of the link particularly if you have a FTTN or Fixed radio NBN link.

Daveozau
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you for reply and answer
I look forward to a much faster internet experience

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now