CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Surreal
Level 1: Cadet

Trying to connect , lot of frustration , what are my options

Ok spoken to 10 different Telstra reps now , 2 Telstra shops , and now one no show from Telstra for a new phone & Adsl connection, getting very frustrated.
Phone has been on at my new premises in 2011 , moved in , enquired as getting ADSL2 internet on , was told I need to connect the phone also , as Telstra don't do naked Adsl, ok.
Apparently Telstra have no ports available in a sub-exchange or rim servicing Glenvale QLD , within the city limits of Toowoomba QLD, where the NBN is being rolled out.
Wireless NBN available in pockets around our suburb where no one lives ? , just basically empty land , and the cable isn't coming to our suburb.
So my issue is , no wifi signal really 1 bar out of 5 , which will not suffice for my needs and NBN is not an option for me.
Have been told , I need to connect the phone line for adsl services, but Telstra can't provide adsl.
To add insult , I was just informed I need to pay $600 advance payment to connect the phone line , when a line has been connected I the past, should this not be a $159 connection charge ?
Apparently I do not meet credit criteria , the reason being I been in the home less than 3 weeks ???? Is not every new customer not brand new to their new address? , I assure you my credit is fine , and my business sends $$$$$$ of business to Telstra each year , which may change after today's experience.
How can you seriously expect me to pay $600 for a service that should be $159 , a new connection is only $299 , and Telstra still cannot definitively tell me they can actually provide any internet service other than satellite , and that option is just ridiculous for me , it will not provide sufficient speed or quantity at prices that only,the sultan of Brunei could afford.
What are my options for internet , as it seems I'm stuck between a rock and Telstra network unable to help ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now