CrowdSupport®
esky_man
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to connect to Telstra WiFi after android 9 update

Since updating to Android 9 pie my HTC will not connect to any Telstra home gateway. Other wifi connections work fine (work, hotels, cafes, hotspots). Also no other device has a problem connecting to the gateway. I have tried connecting to 3 different telstra gateways and always the same result. The password is saved but the connecting never gets established. It never even gets to the point that the password entered is verified.

I have reset the gateway and the phone. I have turned off band steering on the gateway and tried to connect to the 2.4 and 5GHZ networks indepentantly. I have reset the wireless settings on the phone. None of this has worked.

Is there a problem with Telstra gateways and Android 9? I only have the one device and cannot test another to determine if the problem is the phone or the gateway.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unable to connect to Telstra WiFi after android 9 update

Hey esky_man,

I can appreciate your concerns with the issues connecting this mobile device since the Android update was completed and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad We haven't been advised of any known issues with this on Android services.

I would recommend contacting the Mobile Faults team on 132200 (24/7) and say 'Mobile Faults' when prompted. They should be able to run through some steps to ensure this is able to be connected correctly. 

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now