CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
taylorguys
Level 1: Cadet

connection to new home construction

Answered

We are building a  new home in Kuranda (4881- rural block) It will be ready in about 6 weeks We need internet and phone connection and, as we need these for our businesses we cannot afford even one day of no connection. We need help with trenching requirements and need this quite urgently. We have had many issues with Telstra including being passed to 6 different people with limited English and no understanding of the context at all. We are not prepared to do this again (took 1.5 hours last time with no resolution) We are unsure as to whether telstra connection has been made to other houses in the subdivision as these are not occupied and the owner is uncommunicative. We need to be able to talk to someone with local knowledge (local contractor?) as a matter of urgency as sewage and other trenches are about to be dug. The online form does not allow us to give the detail we need to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: connection to new home construction

No problems, home it all goes well.

Nice part of the world up that way. Lovely rainforests and I remember the Aerial Railway, nice.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3

Taylor, you know what I'd do at a local level, I'd contact a local electrical contractor like Kuranda Electrics

Electrical Contractors - Kuranda, QLD,  0447 722 576. Companies like this on the ground and local are normally the type of firms that handle Telstra contract work, and might have answers that you are looking for, or might steer you locally in the right direction.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

taylorguys
Level 1: Cadet

thanks for this advice will do

Accepted Solution

No problems, home it all goes well.

Nice part of the world up that way. Lovely rainforests and I remember the Aerial Railway, nice.

Sig 2

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now