Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Level 1: Cadet
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

lead in cable connection ???

Moved into my new place in January and am still waiting for a lead in cable connection from a Telstra pit to my place... its now September!!!

i have organized contractors to have it done twice now, both times for some reason it has been cancelled without my knowledge... i only found this out when i rang up again to find out whats happening !!

Now i recieved a third letter saying i need a lead in cable and should call to organize this... WTF !!!!

I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to organize this simple task... why so hard... do you guys not communicate with each other.???...........  over it !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Level 11: Detective
0 Kudos

Re: lead in cable connection ???

Hi Hairymonkey,

That's certainly a very concerning delay, and I can't blame you for feeling 'over it'.  As contractors are responsible in part for the work described, we'd recommend following up with them first and foremost about the cancellation of the two previous orders - what have they advised you of in regards to the delays?  And was it the same contractor that advised you of the need for a lead-in cable that you'd already requested, or an area within Telstra that did so?

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
0 Kudos

Hi there,

well this being a newly built house  i called telstra and they sent someone to come through to set up a phone line but he couldnt do it because there was no line into the house from the street.

He set up a grey telstra box on the front fence where the phone lines from the house lead.

He said i need to call telstra and get the number for a contractor to come and put a lead in cable from the pit to the telstra box on the front gate.

I did this, called telstra and then called the contractor and organized someone to come out and lay the cable, they said it would probably take around 13 weeks...

So anyway, after waiting no one ever showed up so i called telstra and they said the order had been cancelled for some reason and i had to place another order which i did with the contractor.... waited again and still no one came or informed me of what was going on.

So i called them up and they said the order had been cancelled again but didnt know why???

So i am pretty over speaking to people and really cant be bothered anymore...

Telstra (Retired)
0 Kudos

Hi Hairymonkey,

This is a very strange situation and certainly one we need to look into for you. Please look for my private message in a few minutes.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

0 Kudos

I am having the same issues. Can Telstra please sort this mess out. Internal communication non existent.

I too have been waiting two months for a contractor. Threee missed days off work and still no connection.

Im sick of calling Telstra also.

Please help

Support Team
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Have they advised what they delay with the connection is? Have you tried our live chat team?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

0 Kudos

I have been online on the phone and had someone from activations(Jane)  who promised to call me

she was initially very good but has not called me as promised. Employee number D387238.

I have no idea why the delay or why I cant be given  time frame for the job to be completed. Job Number 6000817743

I'm really sick of the promised phone calls noone seems to be able to contact the reviews team or contractor to give me a date . I have been waiting since october.

If it was me I would theaten to remove the contractors work unless they respond to

Telstra with a date might may them take note.

My next step is the telecommunication ombudsman.

Also I was insulted at being sent a bill for a bundle service I dont have.

There must be someone in Telstra that can escalate my issue to get me a response. Someone in Senior management

If someone views my account they could see the endless phone calls and different departments i have contacted activations,workforce,backofhouse, customer service noone seems to care.

Please help me

Support Team
0 Kudos

Hey cableplease,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with having this Cable work completed and will be more than happy to have a further look into this for you. I have sent you a PM to get your details allowing us to start an investigation into the issues for a resolution. 

0 Kudos

lead in cable connection ???

[ Edited ]

Online on the phone and had someone from activations who promised to call me Initially very good but has not called me as promised. It may not be good to post employee number as it might not be in there control either. I have no idea why the delay or why I cant be given time frame for the job to be completed. Provisioning number 1-153022639835.

As with everyone frustrated for leave loss, added stress, Project loss due to non availability of internet list goes on...

All commitments we make believing the connection would happen gone in drain. I look like a fool when I wait for the Tech and he doesn't turn up not once but twice. This is just for one connection I have had similar problems at least in last 4 occasion again to do with the Tech/Contractors. At least someone should be held accountable Something is a miss here if someone is interested probably they should take a note of these happening every time. As with others I dont even have a connection but I have got my bill. I have tried all activation,workforce we can go on and on.... I am also engineer and I am sure getting connected should not be as complected as it is made to be. As others have done should I also be be doing the same thing like to contact telecom ombudsman or any senior manager or anyone willing to take it up and fix it. What should I do? Please help me. ..

Community Manager
0 Kudos

I will send you a private message shortly so we can capture your details and investigate this for you.

I moved house back in January and called Optus to reconnect my cable. A Telstra technician came out to my property and because it's a brand new connection he was unable to complete the job telling me I need another Telstra technician to come out and lay a cable lead that connects to the street. I called Optus back up to request another technician and they told me they have sent the request off to Telstra but I have now been waiting for 2 months. This is ridiculous. If you call them to disconnect your service they are out at your property the next day but ask for work to be done it take months! As big as Telstra and Optus are as companies this should not be happening to us PAYING CUSTOMERS who are paying their wages.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am at my wits end trying to get a new connection to my house which we moved into on 20 January. I advised Telstra by phone in December 2013 that we were moving and the phone at the old house was cut off on the moving date. I assumed we would have a line connected to the new house for when we moved in, but no.

Turns out that the line in was pulled out by the builder at the new house where we did a full renovation. Telstra assumed that there was a line in and must have connected it at the exchange and issued me with a number.

But we have no line in or connection at the Telstra pit on the footpath. I finally got this through to a telstra rep and she decided that the best way to get it actioned was to log it as a 'REPAIR".

4 weeks ago Telstra sub-contractor comes to house  - sees its not a repair but an install, attaches grey box to house and departs saying the connection "Team" will come in 7 to 10 days.

Two weeks later I ring the new connections number, get told its being actioned and the contracintg company will contact me. NOTHING .

Ring new connections again, they try to get onto the install contractor - "ALMIGHTY COMMUNICATIONS" (ha ha ha)

Their number rings out all the time!  Cannot contact them.

This morning I get an SMS that Telstra's commitment to repair date is now 19 March. Previously I had SMS commitments to repair of 6 March and 18 February. Some committment!

ISGN has escalated my issue to the Regoinal Connection Manager or some such <snip> title and I await their call back with baited breath.

Moderation: Edited language

Community Manager
0 Kudos

If our records previously showed the address as having been connected then we will turn the line back on using the existing infrastructure, which often doesn't require any field or exchange visit. In these cases it is not apparent until the customer contacts us that the line has actually been removed.

I apologise for the experience that you have had, I would suggest that your best bet may be to speak to the pre-provisioning team on 1800895319.

0 Kudos

What should I be doing about the problem I am having with a telstra coming out to lay a lead in. Cause I been waiting to long for something that shouldn't be. Is there a number I can call that will give me straight contact to whomever can fix this problem
Thanks.
Support Team
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Haze02, there is a team who can help you with this they handle the lead-in specifically. It's important that you already have an order in place when you call so they can assist, you will also need the phone number for your service.

If you have not already placed an order recommend chatting with 24x7 Live Chat sales team.

Otherwise, you can reach them on 1800895319 for further assistance.

0 Kudos

on 17th nov, I rang telstra and moved my home bundle to my new adress .. I was told by telstra that I would have my internet and home phone on the 19th when the technicians come out . the technicians come out and told us that we would not be able to get internet where we live... I rang telstra and told them this ... they said they would have this fixed within 7 days and organise some sort of internet for us... to this day on the 4th dec I have spoke to 4 other Telstra workers and still no home phone or internet. now I have been told we need lead in work done by a contractor who was supposed to have rung me after the technicians came out before we can be connected .... I am sick of the delay and getting different stories on what is going on. over it ... really annoyed.!!
Support Team
0 Kudos

Hi blinky77,

I'm sorry there has been a delay with your connection, I'd be happy to look at the case or order to see what I can find out. Do you  have an SR case number or an order number?

Angela  

0 Kudos

hi Angela ... I was never given one ....
Support Team
0 Kudos

Hi blinky77,

We'll need to investigate this via a secure medium, either call on 132200 or chat live via the following link http://tel.st/hsc3​

Angela  

Level 2: Rookie
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am on the same boat with the rest of you on this one... I have been passed around from Pre-Provisioning Department tothe Faults Department, and vice versa.

Order number: 69702794

Issue: The connection from the house/Grey box  to the pit is ok. It is the PIT that is not connected to the network.

Pre-Provisioning Department (1800 895-319): "Please contact the Faults Department for this issue. Our Department is only responsible for the connection between the pit and the grey box outside your house"

Faults Department (13 22 00): "This is an issue for the Pre-Provisioning Department. They are responsible for connecting the PIT to the network, and not our Department or FOH (Front of House).

No one is taking ownership of this issue... PLEASE HELP!

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi prinzipe,

Pre Provisioning are correct that their part has been done, but they were wrong to send you to faults. To connect you up to our network you just need to speak with our sales team on 13 22 00 or have a chat here: http://tel.st/hsc3 to place an order for a new home phone service. As part of activating that service any technician work will be automatically scheduled.

Cheers, Tim 

Tim

0 Kudos

i did what you told me to, unfortunately i cannot order a new phone connection since my case is with the helds order department.

Someone called me 2 nights ago, from the held orders team. a techincian will be visiting us today between 8-12.

It is now almost 2 pm, no one came. My wife has to miss work because of this.

This is really awful customer service.

0 Kudos

I spoke with the Held Orders department, I was trying to get an explanation why the technician did not come.

They said that when the technician checked the address, on their "Database", it said "Outside work needs to be done".

That was the reason he did not come.

If they are going to cancel, they should have called us! No consideration at all! How unprofessional! Cat Mad

Question: Who is in charge of the "Outside Work" then?

The only thing they could do for me was just schedule another technician to visit us on the 24th.

And I bet it would go again through this useless cycle.

Can anyone out there please help?!?!?!?

Order Number: 69702794

Support Team
0 Kudos

HI prinzipe, all of the details I can find (referring to section 4.2.5 of http://www.telstra.com.au/smart-community/download/document/017153a02-lead-in-cabling.pdf) advise that once the lead-in trenching work is done then the necessary connection from the pit to the premises is provided as part of the installation cost for a new connection order - when the techncian arrives to inspect on the 24th they'll be able to confirm the completion of the outside trenching work so the lead-in cabling connection work can be done.

0 Kudos

This is getting nowhere. I have no choice but tor raise this with the Telecommunications Ombudsman

0 Kudos

I have now been going through the exact same run around for over 2 months. This is just getting silly. I wait all day for these guys to turn up only to be told the day after it was held off due to "health and Safety issues" .... WTF? that is a CROCK!!

0 Kudos

make a formal complaint to the ombudsman mate.

After filing one, i got a call from another telstra agent who I felt was more senior and actually knew what i was talking about.

He has taken ownership of my case, and is making all the calls for me. I no longer have to call the telstra customer service number and be passed around from one department to another.

They wont take you serioulsy until you make an ombudsman complaint.

0 Kudos

I hear exactly what the other customers are saying here, as i have pulled all my hair out in frustration.

Basically Telstra is an embarresment and an insult to our intelligence.

There is no competition in the market and it shows, BIG TIME.

90% of the people answering their phones dont even know what a lead in cable is.

I could go on and on and on....... But i havnt the time or energy as it is used up being on hold with them for hours!

The governemnet needs to sort out this Circus as it is very clear Telstra can not mange the responsibilities they have.

And they are getting worse daily!!!

0 Kudos

Another one bite a dust.....i moved in to a new house in 4 weeks ago....and same thing .....leading cables....telstra tech came looked at it and said i cant do anything....and left saying there are no leading cables....at that time i have no idea what is leading cable...now after that many calls and talking to different peoples after long wait over the phone, i can work for telstra.

Anyway in short i am without internet for last 5 weeks...just because Telstra too busy to come and install the cable from the pitt which is next to my drive way to the cables running in to my house from the street.

Hope someone from Telstra is reading and really want to take action.

Support Team
0 Kudos

Hi Angry_Aussie, so just to confirm you've now arranged the trenching and lead-in cables installed via a private contractor and we can now connect this with the nearby pit to complete the line path to your home? 

0 Kudos

I was promised they would connect my internet / phoneline 26th of Feb... They called that day, saying the date has been moved to 1st of April... I asked why, and the senior technician could only say he will have to check with the contractors.

This is really poor service. Since there is no competition in the Market, they really do not care if you spend 5 months waiting for your phone and internet to be connected.

I have updated my ombudsman complaint, hopefully telstra is being fined accordingly.

0 Kudos

I am having nearly the same problem. New house and we need a lead in from the network to the pit and then the pit connected to the house. After sending the wrong technician twice I just can't seem to get anyone to set up an appointment and get the lead in installed. They just keep setting appointments, promising a text confirmation and an email which never come and then when I call the next day keep pushing back the set date each time!! Firstly from the 13March to 20th to 25th and now the 30th... That's well over a month to get a bloody working telephone.

Constant lies and completely unprofessional service, who else other than Telstra!

My case number is 155418283

0 Kudos

Hi im having the same problem as well. Im also travelling by next week and would be unavailable for a month. I could not get the lead in cabling done and could not get a date for the technician to come down my order no. Is 31514233 ticket no. 1432846. please could someone arrange it within this week I desperately need the connection done.
0 Kudos

Sounds like I'm not the only one... I have been speaking with Telstra since the 16th of June. Initial order had a connection date of the 26th and an activation date of the 29th. After taking a day off work I was told by the tech that the pit needs to be connected to the property. When he showed me the pit he pointed out a cable internet and TV line. He left as he couldn't do anything and apparently logged a job with civil works. The following day Foxtel visited the site and could not complete my order because Telstra haven't run the cable from the street. They believe I can get cable TV. So I called Telstra and changed my order to cable broadband with a promise of no install fee $99.95 for 500gb $120 up front for a month to month plan and a $144 cable modem. This consultant Edz - Employee Number: D753092 promised to follow up, provided me with a ticket number of 1436255 and the phone number for civil works. I made 2 calls over the course of a week to find out when the pit would be connected to the property and the response from civil works was always an unhelpful and blunt statement of "you have to wait for a call on the 6th of July, we can't do anything" Well to my surprise I came home from work yesterday and the pit has been connected to the house and there is now a line, which I assume is for a phone, connected to my house. No call. No follow up. So I get excited that finally I can place an order for cable and start the work I need to do for my part time photography business. I call BigPond and speak to Daniel - Employee Number: C975585 who tells me that 1. I can't get cable yet and need to keep calling until the answer is yes 2. I can't get the order promised by Edz and also I need a phone line installed and rented to get the 500gb of data 3. The cost of the install is $299. So here I am. Wasting more of my time with no promises made by Telstra followed up or actioned. More time expected to take off work and lodging a complaint with the TIO. I have called 5 phone numbers using 2 reference numbers and spoken to multiple consultants who change their story and still no internet. I can see the cable in the street. You just need to install it.
Support Team
0 Kudos

HI Annoyed, I hope the connection work can be completed for you soon - while we're not able to request account details or make changes to services via posts on these forums, our team on 1800 895 319 can help follow up with approved contractors for your area who can complete any trenching or lead-in work required for our technicians to get your services up and running.

0 Kudos

I would like to voice my frustration and disappointment with the 'service' provded by Telstra and it's so called 'contractors'.  I also moved into a new home in April and have been waiting for the lead in cabling work to started let alone completed.

I was assured by Telstra Rep that the contractors would have completed the installation of the lead in cable by the 26th July.  This never occured and not communications received from Telstra or the contractors about what is the hold up for a job that would take no more than 4 hours of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been to the Communications Ombudsman and voiced my concerns and made a complaint.  I will have to go back to them today and raise a further level of concern regarding this situation.  

The last I looked we lived in Australia and not some third world country (who would have probably been able to do the work in a far shorter time frame than Telstra).

This situation is time consuming (hours on the phone) and expensive (I operatate a home based business have not had any adsl internet connection for the past four months).

To make matters worse I was up until last week still being billed for my old connection to my previous address.   

Greg

Support Team
0 Kudos

HI Greg, I can appreciate the frustration with the ongoing wait for the connection and trust it can be completed for you soon. There may be a few reasons for the order to be held, such as further infrastructure works in the area or council approval required to lay cable or conduit in a particular area, but if a booking for connection work is changed or the technician isn't able to attend on the day then you should be contacted to advise of this and discuss the next available appointment.

If you've lodged a complaint with the TIO they will be in contact to arrange follow-up from a case manager in our Complaints team, but in the meantime our Activations teams on 13 22 00 or through the online chat service at https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Facebook:Consumer can also investigate the order and assist further. 

0 Kudos

The work to undertaken is aerial lead in cabling as we are in an older rural suburb on the NSW Central coast.

0 Kudos

As mentioned the work is Aerial cabling, therefore I am not sure of what council requirements are necessary.  But one would think that a four month delay the contractors and/or Telstra would be able to get all the required paperwork done.

And finally what is it with the Telstra moto - "This is how we connect".        Perhaps rechanging it to something more like "This is how we fail to connect" would be more appropriate.   

SM3
0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same problem and am still waiting on the lead-in construction works to start.

I requested a lead-in while my new house was under construction so the works would be complete prior to me moving into my new home.

When I initially called Telstra I was informed I would be contacted within 10 days.  After not being contacted within 10 days I contacted Telstra to see how my request was progressing.  I was told they had contacted the contractor and they will contact me within 48 hours.  Again I was not contacted by the contractor and again I was told they will contact me within 48 hours.  This occurred many more times.

The complaints section of Telstra was contacted and they changed my lead-in request to a move order, I told the person in the complaints section I did not know when I would be moving into my new home and did not want the home phone or internet disconnected at my old home until I had moved into my new home and the lead-in works were complete.  I arrived home from work to my old home and found that my phone and internet had been disconnected.  Telstra was contacted again and my phone and internet was reconnected, but this reconnection at my old house cancelled the lead-in request (I was un aware of this).

I have now moved into my new home and am still waiting on the lead-in works and now my home phone and internet to be connected.

I have been calling Telstra every day since the keys were handed over to me by the builder, and I am always told they have contacted the contractor and they will call me within 48 hours.   

I have just contacted the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.

WTF is going on Telstra

Support Team
0 Kudos

Hi SM3,

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your lead in there. Have you been in contact with your original complaints manager about that? They would be the best people to talk to about that. You can reach them by asking for Complaints when you call us on 132200.

0 Kudos

Re: ADSL connection

i moved into a new townhouse in a complex of 38 units. When I tried to get an adsl connection, I was told that service could not be provided to my unit since there are no available ports. My next door neighbour has adsl as so many of the other units. 

I do understand about the unavailability of the ports. My question is, how can I find out when ports are available? Can I register to be in a waiting list for ports or is there any waiting list at all? What is the process of getting a connection when it is said that there are no ports?

Support Team
0 Kudos

Re: ADSL connection

Hi Rajiv123

In all honesty, a very frustrating one. 

There is no waiting list for Port allocation. We recommend that you contact our Sales team once a month, either by calling 132200 (available 7am to 9.40pm) or via Live Chat http://tel.st/49kl to request a "dummy order" be placed so we can check if any ports have become available. 

If the NBN is not coming to your area anytime soon, NBN availability.. and Cable is not available for you, How To Check Cable Broadband Availability the only other option we can provide is Mobile Broadband. http://bit.ly/1PDfLWE

Kind Regards 

0 Kudos

Lead In Connection

Hello Telstra Team,

Looks like I am not the only person with a lead-in problem. I built a new house in an old suburb (that had overhead tel lines) but now requires underground tel lines & cable. I have been waiting for 8 weeks with 4 different Technicians who were sent by Telstra to 'fault find' inside the house.

How long does it take to simply run a lead in from the pit to my house. Ther Service Level at Telstra is nothing short of atrocious- service standards are below a third world country. Cannot communicate this simpe issue as it seems to get lost in translation. Receive multiple SMS's saying it will be fixed by a certain time and nobody shows up.

TELSTRA TEAM PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos

So Like everyone else on this page I am having the same problem with getting a lead in cable connected to my residence.

I was previously with iinet at another residence and requested a transfer of service to my new address. iinet said sure no problem. Then said no they can't telstra hasn't connected the cable

The problem is that telstra needs to complete a lead in connection. For which two sub-contractors have been sent out to the wrong address!!!!! The third arrived at the wrong address called me and laughed down the ph at me when i told him the right address saying "there is no cables there so im not the right man for the job" he then left not even botherign to come to my new address.

I have now been waiting 3 months and suffered countless hours on hold, repeating my story and waiting for service people to #*%** through the now endless pages of our communication. It has cost me work hours waiting to meet contractors it has cost me hours of time on hold and waiting for call backs. What do I have to do to get this line connected? Why are so many of us having the same problem? It is beyond belief.

Like all those above at 3 months I am contemplating calling the telco ombudsman.

Some one please tell me what to do.  

Telstra (Retired)
0 Kudos

Hey TelcoInsanity,

I'm really sorry about this ongoing issue you have been experienced. It's not the ideal customer experience that we set out to achieve.

There is a team who can help you with this who handle the lead-in specifically. It's important that you already have an order in place when you call so they can assist, you will also need the phone number for your service.

If you have not already placed an order, I recommend chatting with our Live Chat team here: http://tel.st/hsc3

Otherwise, you can reach them on 1800 895 319 for further assistance.

Let me know if I can help any further.

-Georgie

0 Kudos

Hello Georgie,

Im at the point where i just want this done. I am not willing to wait the 13weeks others have been told it takes from the moment you logg the job. Is there a list of telstra providers for the lead in connection?

At this point I would rather fight with my ISP to be credited the cost of connection, as this would be an easier and better use of my time.

0 Kudos

*Also since when was #*%** a swear word?

I apologise to anyone who reads that in my message as being offensive. It was literally the word "#*%**" used in the context of to "#*%**" through files.

0 Kudos

The word it keeps blocking is "t r o l l"

Telstra (Retired)
0 Kudos

What type of service are you trying to get with your ISP?