CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

A question about account credits

While getting credits to ones account from Telstra is not an everyday thing I would ask why can't such credits be applied to accounts immediately instead of having to wait for the next billing cycle?

It would make it easier for customers to keep track of things.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: A question about account credits

While getting credits to ones account from Telstra is not an everyday thing I would ask why can't such credits be applied to accounts immediately instead of having to wait for the next billing cycle?

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at there, sorry. Are you talking about immediate impact or immediate visibility?

There's a logical difference between a billing account and a bill – the latter being an artifact containing a snapshot of ther former. If a credit is applied to your billing account, it will have an immediate impact on your account balance, but cannot do anything to retrospectively alter the contents of a bill that has already been issued. It will not appear under Recent Activity, which is there to help customers track their billable usage in the current, yet-to-be-concluded bill period, and I cannot see any system changes being made to also display credits recently applied, which are logically different from billable activity on the part of the customer.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Level 23: Superhero

I think the OP is talking about the fact that sometimes when a credit is applied it is not reflected in the online account balance visible to the customer, and other times it is.

I've personally experienced both.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Level 22: Superhuman

Kalak wrote:
I've personally experienced both.

Come to think of it, me too. I think the difference between the two is that one's a true credit – much like the opposite of a payment – that has immediate effect on the account balance, and the other is a bill adjustment, which of course will only appear on a bill (and since it cannot retrospectively alter the contents of a bill previously issued, it will have to be the next bill).

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Spot on Drat.

If they raise an "Adjustment" against the specific charge, then its waived automatically. If they apply a Lump Sum Credit then its applied on the next Billing period, but you still shouldn't be expected to pay it.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 20: Director

Just to add to what I have already said at the start of this thread.........

Today I looked up my latest bill and the total is $156.06........which I agree with.

But here's the rub.

Last month I short paid my bill by $30.00 because of an impending credit.

The $30.00 credit due (has subsequently been applied to this new bill)...... my account now reads............ total of this bill $126.06 + $30.00 overdue (please pay your overdue balance)

So in effect while the total of the latest bill is correct ($156.06 ) it's just a little annoying that the $30 credit  is now shown as an overdue amount.

I hope I've explained my issue clearly.    LOL

Cheers

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now