CrowdSupport®
Disgruntled2
Level 3: Gumshoe

Account Access Authorities

Answered

I am the secretary of a regional sporting body and have been for over 2 years.  The Committee does change substantially over a period of time and unfortunately in changes of Committee the office bearers have neglected to advise Telstra of changes in authority.

Presently none of our Executive Committee have authority to transact on our Telstra account and therefore we are unable to make any changes to it. When contacting Telstra over the phone we have been unable to discuss any account issues as none of the authorised persons are on the Committee any more and Telstra operators are unable to advise us who is authorised.  From trial and error, in the discussions we have been able to find out a couple of the authorities and these are no longer involved in the Association and have moved from the region.

How can we change the authorities on our accounts?  With our bankers, building society and post office we were able to do this by providing copies of the AGM minutes showing the appointment of the current Executive Committee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Account Access Authorities

I understand now. We can add new authorities for a Business Account without speaking with a current authority. We just need this written on a company/business letterhead and take this into your local Business Centre or Telstra Store. Find your nearest here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Find-your-nearest-Telstra-Retail/ct-p/tstore

They will be able to add this to your account and authorise/remove anyone no longer required on the account. Once this is completed, we can organise a password reset for your My Account and other services attached to this account.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
PepperGrinder
Level 1: Cadet

I have handled this type of situation as follows:

1.  Make out a Stat Declaration that: gives the legal name of the organisationy, VERY briefly explains the situation, and names the current office holders and their contact details.

2. Attach SIGNED minutes of the meeting that elected those office holders, showing the same names.

3. Attach SIGNED minute of a management committee meeting which resolved to appoint one or more named persons to have the required authority.

4. Using the letterhead of the organisation, write a letter requesting that those persons be recorded as authorities to manage the account.  (Always have more than one.)  Attach all of the above stuff.

Immediatley after the next AGM, get the outgoing authorities to appoint new ones.  (Write this duty into your Constitution - it might help because, just before an AGM is about the only time people look at their constitution!)

Highlighted
Owen_B

Do you know who your account manager is? The helpdesk should be able to tell you who it is.  The account manager can make changes to this list (I had to do it the other day). 

winifred41

I have wasted hours of my time trying by phone, visiitng  Telstra office for assistance, getting on the "Chat Line", all to no avail.   It appears no one wants to know.  I cannot access My Account as they say i "don't have the authority" even though I have been a Telstra customer since the year dot and am actually the account holder.  I am giving up and changing over to Optus for my mobile.  It's all too hard.  Is Telstra run by robots?  I would love to speak to a real human being.

Support Team
Support Team

Sincerely sorry for the trouble accessing your account. Do you mean that you need to log into My Account? If so, please let me know what error you get.

Otherwise, if this is about when you call to us, please let me know if you have a reference number from your conversations.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Disgruntled2
Level 3: Gumshoe

I gave up trying to resolve over the phone. Our Association has 3 email addresses linked yobour account. Unfortunately no obe knows the password for our main email account and the only place that it is dtored is on MS Outlook on the secretary's laptop. It is unknoen as to what past committee member set the password and to date everyone contacted does not know.
I am now in my 4th year as secretary and have held the office of Treasurer since november. We will need to upgrade our computers at dome stage and at that time will need the password to set up the software.
In addition to this we have not been able to use our 5GB USB dongle connection as it lost it's password a couple of years ago.
What I need to know is how we can update our account authorities and passwords tovreflect our current Committee and authorised persons.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

I understand now. We can add new authorities for a Business Account without speaking with a current authority. We just need this written on a company/business letterhead and take this into your local Business Centre or Telstra Store. Find your nearest here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Find-your-nearest-Telstra-Retail/ct-p/tstore

They will be able to add this to your account and authorise/remove anyone no longer required on the account. Once this is completed, we can organise a password reset for your My Account and other services attached to this account.

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now