CrowdSupport®
Level 4: Private Eye

Cannot access online billing

I am having ongoing problems accessing online billing from MyAccount. I have no problems accessing all other parts of MyAccount (data usage meter, etc.), but whenever I try to access online billing, I get the following error:

An Error Has Occurred
Login user not found.Please contact system administrator. Error Reference: TEGCBM2001 (1321590552552)
It is essential for me to have access to this because (a) I need to access current and past bills, and (b) most importantly, I need to be able monitor usage of my mobile services regularly using the "calls yet to be billed/unbilled activity" feature that is accessed via online billing. I have raised this twice through technical support and have an incident report #, but it is still not working, despite a promise that it would be fixed in 5 - 7 working days (that was about two weeks ago).
What is my next step?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Cannot access online billing

what browser are you using and have you tried any alternative browsers?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted
Level 9: Captain

Hi JER ,

Welcome to the forum .

Sorry you cant access the online billing site at the moment.

For the quickest answer please call the "My Account" team on business live chat http://livechat.telstra.com/TB:AR:MyAccount:Register, or I can send you a PM and request your details so I can investigate this for you Smiley Happy

-Tyrone

Always look on the bright side of life Smiley Happy and remember, kudos it!
Highlighted

Have tried alternative browsers on a range of computers. The problem is universal. The telephone consultant told me that it was a known server problem that affected certain users, and that it would be fixed.
Highlighted

Many thanks. I'll try to number you suggest.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I had the same problem after registering for my account for business.  I called the Telstra support line and found out that it can take up to 5 working days for online billing to become active.  Telstra needs to update the instructions and messaging when creating a new My Account online to advise that it takes this long before the online billing becomes active.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Yep. exact same problem here almost a year later and they still haven't fixed this. I've spent too much time on the phone and live chat trying to find answers and today I finally got an email back telling me I can view my bill online by simply logging into my account.  Finally! I thought to myself only to have the exact same error I've been having all week. I contacted the 1800 number and they said to contact the 1300 number to find out whats wrong.  Typical Telstra, going around in circles and still no solution.  After so many months of pissed off customers you'd think they would have fixed this issue.  Hopless beyond belief.  I can't believe how bad they are and show no sign of improvment.  They are supposed to be the biggest and the best.  Anyone would think they started in the phone industry yesterday.

Highlighted

I totally agree....

I have only been with Telstra Business Essentials for just over one month.  So far I must have spent some 20 hours on the phone or in online business chat and I'm still not where I wanna be.

It has been one thing after another. 

Firstly, they gave me the wrong log in name (the last three numbers they gave me had been entered backwards).

Then they changed my mobile account's account number (without telling me of course), which meant that my account didnt get paid by direct debit, so I'll probably get a late payment charge.

Then I couldnt access the online billing - and still cant.  I have been on business chat now, waiting to be connected for nearly 60 minutes - I'm still 3rd in queue....

Telstra is one of the most inept companies in Australia.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

DacorDave I know how you feel.  I spent about the same amount of time on the phone and live chat and still got nowhere.

I've noticed one of the calls cost me $60 because I was using my mobile and not all of the numbers I dialled are free of charge.  I don't use my home phone because I get completely ripped off there as well.  They actually make money off your predicament that's the infuriating thing.  I just received the biggest bill I've ever had in my life just because of trying to sort out their problems.

It's two weeks since my last post here and received two emails telling me I can now view my bills online only to try then have the same error people have been having for over a year now.  They are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with, I can't understand why so many people use them.  I'm self employed and can't afford to waste any more time with them.  If I could switch my phone to another provider I would but I have no choice out here (only have Telstra towers) and now I'm locked into a contract.  The whole experience has left me furious and I really want to know what action we can take to expose them for how bad they really are.  They don't deserve to make any money the way they operate.  I've now been told my problem with online billing has been logged with the technical department and will be another 7 days before its fixed (I will believe it when I see it).  This is just a small problem in a growing list of bigger problems I've had since signing up over a month ago.

They have a stupid voice that come on at the end of each call asking me to stay on the line and do a short survey because they 'value' customer feedback and are working out ways to improve customer service.  They are worse now than they were when I was with them a few years ago.  Do they ever sit down and figure out ways to improve??

It's an absolute joke and no-body at Telstra cares, they just pass the responsibility on to someone else and you end up going around in circles.

I'm so angry about this and I'm refusing to just let it all go like I did last time.  I will be exposing them every chance I get in just about everyway I can think of, talking to friends warning them, comments on forums such as this, conversations at the local pub etc.  The problem is most people out here think they have no choice because there is no vodafone or optus coverage.  I recommend everyone to use companies like dodo or tpg for there homephone, dont use a Telstra business plan or you will be ripped off. Your better off with a non business plan.

For mobile phone coverage there is companies like southern phone who use Telstra towers anyway so we still have the same coverage out here and much cheaper plans.  I wish I had known this a month ago before I signed up for a contract I can't get out of.

I really can't believe how bad they are.  How can this continue year after year? I'm furious!

Highlighted

Hi there, did you ever have this error message resolved? Many years ago I used to get "Error 25050". I just gave up looking at online billing and having tried again in the last few months I now get "TEGCBM2001". I don't think anyone at Telstra knows what it means. But not being able to check my bill online means I've been charged hundreds of dollars in excess use, primarily because the sharing of different devices wans't properly activated. Telstra did refund some of that. Anyway, if you could let me know if it was resolved, that would be great. Best wishes.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more