CrowdSupport®
StevenPH
Level 1: Cadet

Change to billing page on My Telstra Tools

Is it possible to revert to the previous billing page for My Telstra Tools?

The new billing page is terrible. All of the information that used to be available on the page has been removed and is only accessible if you download a PDF or a data file. This is a real step backwards and a classic case where 'pretty' design has become more important than presenting useful information without the need for extra steps such as downloading and opening PDFs. Please restore the information about the bill that was present in the previous design. While it could have done with some improvement in appearance and ease of use, at least it had a high degree of utility.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Change to billing page on My Telstra Tools

From memory there should be an option at the top of the page to go to the old layout when you first sign in.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

StevenPH
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Change to billing page on My Telstra Tools

Thank you for your help but, as far as I can see, there isn't a way to revert to the previous billing layout in one step or to set it as the default.

For anyone else who is unhappy with this change, I have worked out a way to get to the information.

1. Log onto Your Telstra Tools.
2. Click on the Billing tab. This takes you to the new billing page that only includes the amount due.
3. Click on the Billing Services dropdown menu and then on View Unbilled Charges under Billing Insights. That drops you back into the previous interface.
4. Then click on the Bills tab to get to the information that was previously available.

Unfortunately, this means three clicks where only one was previously required but, at least, the information can still be accessed. As I said in the original post, the new page sacrifices useful information presented at the point where it is needed for a pretty design. A poor tradeoff in my view.

Again, thank you for your help.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now