Highlighted
itech
Level 2: Rookie

Not getting a response from domains@online.telstra.com.au

Answered

I assist with the IT support for a business that has their domain name hosted with Telstra.

They need a change made to the DNS records. In the past we have emailed domains@online.telstra.com.au from the administrator email address and they have actioned the requests.

I sent a request on 18th July, received the automated response with reference number, but nothing since.

I sent another request on 7th August, received the automated response with reference number, but nothing since.

I phoned Telstra and was told that because it's not a Premium hosting package, there is no phone support and we have to email domains@online.telstra.com.au. The Telstra rep said there is no escalation process, so if my emails don't get actioned by Telstra there is nothing I can do.

How can I get the request actioned?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
itech
Accepted Solution

Re: Not getting a response from domains@online.telstra.com.au

This was eventually resolved - the changes were made on 31/08/2013.

The Domains team didn't provide an explanation for the lengthy delay.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey itech,

If the Domain is hosted by our business area, then the contact number for Domain Admin is: 1800 729 563. Otherwise, do you have the reference number? I can see if I can push this along or help at all Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

itech

Hi Brodie,

Thanks for replying. The reference numbers are:

130718-024319
130807-019874

I believe I spoke with that department before, which is when I was advised that there's no phone support because it's not a Premium package, and that all I can do is email again (despite my first two emails not being acknowledged beyond the auto-reply).

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey itech,

I've sent through an email direct advising that this needs be actioned as a priority. Hopefully you will receive some updates soon Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

itech
Accepted Solution

This was eventually resolved - the changes were made on 31/08/2013.

The Domains team didn't provide an explanation for the lengthy delay.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now