SIM card not working

Answered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM card not working

6 months after a recharge last runs out, the SIM is permanently deactivated and the number put back into the pool.

It sounds like you may have recharged somone else's service.

You need a new SIM & service for your device.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there @Jacks3

Very sorry to read that your sim card is currently not working.

Are you activating a new service or has your current service suddenly stopped working? Additionally is this a pre-paid service or is it a post paid? Does your phone show that it is connected to the network?

Please let me know so I know where to direct you.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Lemondat
Level 1: Cadet

It’s a prepaid account which I haven’t used for about 8 months. I replenished my account reinstalled the SIM card but it won’t work.
Lemondat

It is not showing as being on the network it just reads SOS only
Accepted Solution

6 months after a recharge last runs out, the SIM is permanently deactivated and the number put back into the pool.

It sounds like you may have recharged somone else's service.

You need a new SIM & service for your device.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
sw40md26

hello i need a new simcard
sw40md26

i received my new mobile today and it has no simcard they told me to use old card but the reason i got a new phone was the simcard crashed on it
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@sw40md26

A replacement SIM Card can be arrange at any Telstra Store and the process should take about 10 minutes.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more