CrowdSupport®
Blackduck1089
Level 1: Cadet

THIRD PARTY CHARGES

Answered

hello

my bill shows third party charges of $20.55

Could you please inform me why I have been charged these fees ?

<removed for your privacy>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: THIRD PARTY CHARGES

Hi Blackduck1089, third party charges are usually incurred by usage of premium phone numbers (such as TV show voting or competition entry lines) or Premium SMS services (such as subscriptions for competitions or ringtone/app downloads). Further information on the source of the fees should be shown on the bill - if these are shown as a 19-number, further information on the service in question and how it can be cancelled can be found at 19sms.com.au. The details at Premium SMS and Telstra Carrier Billing may also be helpful.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Blackduck1089, third party charges are usually incurred by usage of premium phone numbers (such as TV show voting or competition entry lines) or Premium SMS services (such as subscriptions for competitions or ringtone/app downloads). Further information on the source of the fees should be shown on the bill - if these are shown as a 19-number, further information on the service in question and how it can be cancelled can be found at 19sms.com.au. The details at Premium SMS and Telstra Carrier Billing may also be helpful.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
swift
Level 1: Cadet

As with a lot of other users, for the past two Telstra bills, I have been charged with a third party bill for $6.60.

Telstra , when contacted, said they couldn't help, so I rang again, spoke to someone else after insisting on speaking to someone in Australia (but was put through to VietNam) and was told they weren't aware of the scam.

When I said if they looked at their chat page they would see that there were several people having the same problem with a company called IG8 Pty Ltd.

The person then conceded that this problem has been escalated up the chain of managers.

Result for us, was that Telstra has barred the SMS access and will refund our charges.

Dont give up, insist Telstra do the same follow up for yourselves!!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now