Highlighted
Brad__
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra business support (DOT) abysmal

Answered

Hi

Our comapny siged up for NBN last year and we were told that our land lines would also have to be put on the nbn

For the past two months we have not gone a week without having to call someone or rest a box and this is impacting our business.

Waiting 20 mins on hold to get told to do the same thing every week  is NOT business grade support

It seems the only thing telstra is good at is getting paid becuase as long as you guys are getting paid you dont seem to much care about small business.

If anyone else is considering NBN and DOT (digial office technology) i wholeheartedly suggest you avoid telstra and the NBN as a whole

I come here to ask questions but i really doubt anything new or constructive would have come of it.

Cant even get a call back

I cant get hold of our local telstra business centre

Sorry telstra, we'll take our business elswhere as soon as i can fiond a suitible replacement

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra business support (DOT) abysmal

With the NBN, all RSP have to submit all requests for network repair and service works to NBN Co who own the network (unlike the old copper network where Telstra owned the network and could fix their own issues for the most part).

If you are in an NBN ready area, then you would have no choice but the NBN as pretty much all private networks become invalid and the NBN becomes the only option once an area is NBN activated.

That being said, if you are having issues with getting support from your local Business Centre you can try the DOT NBN support team on 1800 304 473, or by LiveChat here: https://livechat.telstra.com/TB:BusinessSmiley Very Happyefault

If they are also not of any assistance the next step would be to lodge a complaint on 132000 and say "complaint".
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Accepted Solution

With the NBN, all RSP have to submit all requests for network repair and service works to NBN Co who own the network (unlike the old copper network where Telstra owned the network and could fix their own issues for the most part).

If you are in an NBN ready area, then you would have no choice but the NBN as pretty much all private networks become invalid and the NBN becomes the only option once an area is NBN activated.

That being said, if you are having issues with getting support from your local Business Centre you can try the DOT NBN support team on 1800 304 473, or by LiveChat here: https://livechat.telstra.com/TB:BusinessSmiley Very Happyefault

If they are also not of any assistance the next step would be to lodge a complaint on 132000 and say "complaint".
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Otherwise, if you let us know the problems you are having the users on here might have seen the same or similar issues and might be able to make suggestions on ways to resolve the issue...

If restarting the modem/NBN box once a week is fixing it for another week for example it might suggest faulty hardware...
Helpful Links

Proactive
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the Heads up about DOT.

About to go under with my Small Business with only 3 days of Broadband service and phone lines in the last month.

Lack of honest information or any call backs for a week between technicians continually saying they will tryi to Rectify the situation.

Have tried Telstra, BigPond, NBN Co, Business Help and talked to Phillipinos mostly who are unable to find who can help.

The Telstra help line with the check your modem set up has become like finger nails on a chalk board, and as useless as **bleep** on a bull.

NBN just on in our area, Edgeworth NSW and Business Line completely out, for a 3 week stretch, then back for 3 whole days then everything completely off again for almost another week.

No one seems able to find the repair people, or offer any more than pass me down the line to recite my sad story over and over again to new ears, who promise we will get this sorted out.

With wages of nearly $4,000 lost, work unable to be completed on customers websites, loss of ability to function.

My outsource team overseas in disarray.

Its unbelievable that small business is unable to get fast support.

OneRingRulesIT
Level 2: Rookie

The support from Telstra for small business users is ABSOLUTELY APPALLING (an understatement).

Support calls are unanswered for hours and hours. You can be on a hold line on Saturday for more than two hours. No one know anything about it, how to get it to work, how to get phones running, how to get modems set up properly and how to log urgent fixes required to the Telstra Gateway Pro modem. No one knows ANYTHING.

The DOT support at first line support in the Philippines call centre is COMPLETELY NON EXISTENT. You are WASTING your time with Telstra DOT technology it will just make you go bankrupt.

I have been in IT over 30 years and cannot ever recall a more dismal support performance ever.

The so called 24x 7 support is always off line

The calls to 1800 811 612 just never get answered

Answers on line are pathetic or have no text in the heading

I am so unhappy I am considering taking a case to court to reimburse the hours wasted on hold lines and trying to get features in the pox ridden Telstra Gateway Pro modem they designed to actually work. I have been a small business customer of Telstra for many years but I am going to have to re-asses any dealings with this lot.

SHAME ON WHOVER RUNS POX DOT !!!!

Spoiler
ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL !!!

afluster
Level 1: Cadet

I am in a very similar boat...just spent over an hour and a half on online chat...my business phone is off-line, my WiFi is on again/off again which means my printer and iPads for work are all inoperable using DOT.  This is not just frustrating it is also costing valuable time and valuable customers.  I need a videoconference to work tomorrow and it is looking like it is going to be a flop because I am unable to raise anyone who can answer my questions and support my DOT system which I am currently paying for.

Where the hell is Telstra...as in where the hell is Telstra on the ground in Australia and supporting their small business customers.  Telstra...please!!!  Make an announcement!  Make a promise!  Make an apology!  Say something!  R u there?  

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more