woolmerc
Level 3: Gumshoe

Flicker on NRL live stream

I'm currently live streaming the Storm V Warriors game through Android.  I am seeing a small screen flicker every 3 seconds or so.  Otherwise it is coming through fine.

Are other people having a similar issue?  Can this be looked at please?

Thanks,

Chris

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Flicker on NRL live stream

Hi @woolmerc

Thank you for your enquiry and my apologies for the screen flicker within the NRL Live Pass. 

We've not had any other users report any similar issues, but I'll pass this on to our teams for investigation. 

Thanks 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

woolmerc

Thanks Kjorj,
Any update on this issue? I am still experiencing it. It gives me a headache when I try and watch.

Cheers,
Chris
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @woolmerc 

Are you getting this flicker on any other videos? (Netflix, youtube etc) 

I am still waiting to hear back from the support team but this information will assist. 

Thank you

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

woolmerc

Hi Kjorg - I have just tested on youtube and I experience no issues. I did some further testing on the NRL app and it doesn't appear specific to live streaming. The issues occur on ALL videos on the NRL app.
Cheers,
Chris
Support Team
Support Team

Our team will check this and see if they are able to replicate or know what the cause may be. Can you please provide these details as well:

Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

Thanks

woolmerc

Hi Jesse,

Device: Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini
OS Version: Android 5.1.1 Kernel version 3.10.65-12258773
Service Provider: Vodafone
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile: Mobile
Support Team
Support Team

@woolmerc Thanks for those details, I will pass them on to our team to investigate. The App has not been tested or optimised for your specific device so in small number of cases, you may see unusual behaviour. 

Our App team will check this out though and see if they can see what is causing this for you.

Thanks

woolmerc

Hi Jesse,

Was your team able to find any solution for this problem?  I have tried different wifi connections and also different devices.

It definitely seems to be only my device which has the issue.  Could it be something to do with disk space - is there a minimum amount required?  Also I use an additional SD card for storage - should I transfer the app to my phone storage instead?

Thanks,

Chris

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there @woolmerc

Thanks for letting us know more about the flickering issue

We are still awaiting a response from our App Team.

If you have narrowed down the problem to just your device, then I think its a matter of trial and error to find the flickering cause.

Storage and how your device manages apps might be an issue, the adaptive brightness feature might also be the cause.

Sometimes rebooting your device in safe mode and seeing if you can replicate the error can be also be helpful.

Keep us updated on your progress

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now