Highlighted
Bazza4
Level 4: Private Eye

Having trouble live streaming NRL Live?

Answered

I have used the Telstra nrl app for a few seasons now paying the annual subscription through iTune. Last week I watched a live feed of a pre-season trial game and when I went to watch one of the two games in the evening no feed ensued so I gave up. Today I got a notification of a live feed available tonight (Storm v Cowboys) however when I opened the app no feed joining plate was present so I cannot link to the game. The notification also advertised a live feed for tomorrow. I have no idea what I am doing but I am as p—sed as. My subscription falls due for renewal on 1st June.

Is this the end of our friendship? Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I have rebooted my iPad and reinstalled  my app. My blood pressure is not good.

Bazza4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Having trouble live streaming NRL Live?

Hey @Bazza4

Sorry for the confusion with the App notifications. The only Live Games today is the Charity Shield match between Dragons and Rabbitohs.

There may have been a trial game but these were not live through the App. You can see more details about these here: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/24/nrl-trial-games-live-blog/

The news feed on the home tab will have details of any currently live games.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey @Bazza4

Sorry for the confusion with the App notifications. The only Live Games today is the Charity Shield match between Dragons and Rabbitohs.

There may have been a trial game but these were not live through the App. You can see more details about these here: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/24/nrl-trial-games-live-blog/

The news feed on the home tab will have details of any currently live games.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Bazza4
Level 4: Private Eye

Thanks JesseS - problem solved. When I hit the first notification it took me to nrl.com and not my NRL app which is where my confusion came from. All good now. Looking forward to a great season.

Bazza4

Support Team
Support Team

Awesome to hear! Glad this is sorted and let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks

brianie1939
Level 1: Cadet

I can't live stream NRL on my Ipad. It come up "try again now" or login with Telstra ID and we're back into same circuit all over again - I get nowhere! I'm a pre-paid mobile phone subscriber trying to access NRL live stream on my ipad via Wifi which I have been doing for past 3 years. Please help!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @brianie1939

Due to changes to the NRL App this year, you are not able to redeem your Telstra Live Pass by logging in with a Telstra ID, you need to redeem using the Telstra Mobile network first, link with your NRL Account, then login with your NRL Account on other devices. The option to redeem with your login has been displayed incorrectly in the App and we will remove this to prevent future confusion.

To redeem on your Telstra Mobile and link with an NRL Account:

- Uninstall the NRL App, then redownload.

- Turn off the Wi-Fi on your device

- Open the NRL App

- It will detect your mobile service and redeem automatically

- When prompted login/register an NRL Account to link your live pass

Once you have done this, you will be able to access on other devices by just logging in with your NRL Account. To do this:

- More

- My NRL Account

- Login with your NRL Account details

- You should get a success message

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more