CrowdSupport®
Surfer12
Level 3: Gumshoe

My NRL App won't work

Answered

Suddenly When I opened the app it said an update was due but it would not let me  update so I tried to reinstall on mu iPad but said not compatible with my older iPad this happened last year with AFL app but they fixed it so at the moment I have no NRL app what is going on? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: My NRL App won't work

Hello @Surfer12

The 2019 version of the NRL Live App requires iOS version 11 or above, as agreed to in the terms and conditions.

Each year we bring out a new version of the NRL Live App, with new features and enhancements, as well as some fixes for any bugs found. 
Often we find that older versions of iOS/Android cannot support these enhancements, and can even contribute to some of the previous bugs located.

iOS 12 is the current version of iOS, with over 67% of Apple iOS devices in Australia running this update. Currently there is less than 4% of iOS users in Australia running iOS 9, having been released in 2015. Apple has not released an update for iOS 9 since 2016.

Have you checked if a software update is available for your iPad? 

Apple have a good guide here on how to check here.

Unfortunately if your iPad cannot be updated to at least iOS 11, then it will not be able to access the NRL Live Pass.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello @Surfer12

The 2019 version of the NRL Live App requires iOS version 11 or above, as agreed to in the terms and conditions.

Each year we bring out a new version of the NRL Live App, with new features and enhancements, as well as some fixes for any bugs found. 
Often we find that older versions of iOS/Android cannot support these enhancements, and can even contribute to some of the previous bugs located.

iOS 12 is the current version of iOS, with over 67% of Apple iOS devices in Australia running this update. Currently there is less than 4% of iOS users in Australia running iOS 9, having been released in 2015. Apple has not released an update for iOS 9 since 2016.

Have you checked if a software update is available for your iPad? 

Apple have a good guide here on how to check here.

Unfortunately if your iPad cannot be updated to at least iOS 11, then it will not be able to access the NRL Live Pass.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Surfer12

Will the same thing happen with the AFL app. It is unfortunate that effectively you are saying buy a new iPad if you want to use our app this doesn't seem fair
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Surfer12

Unfortunately the same thing will eventually happen to all Apps, as Google and Apple stop supporting their older versions of iOS and Android.

Currently the AFL Live App requires iOS version 10 or above, and I have no foresight as to when this will change. 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Level 21: Augmented

As @aaron_h says, it is more of issue with Google and Apple than Telstra... These two suckers keep updating their respective operating systems and keep people forcing to buy new devices... I, for example, have still perfectly working first ever iPAD, but all I can use it for now is as a iTunes streaming device... There are virtually no applications that work on it anymore...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Surfer12

So what IPad do I now need to use these apps I am not very knowledgable in these things any help would be appreciated
Support Team
Support Team

HI @Surfer12

I'll be happy to steer you in the right direction, I understand this can be confusing.

Please note I'm not a salesperson, I don't want to tell you what to buy, but I'll offer some general advice based on my experience.

In terms of tablets, I would always recommend the latest model.

Older models may be cheaper, and do everything you need it to do now, however it will most likely stop getting updates well before the newer models do. 

I hope that makes sense, please get back to me if you require further assistance

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now