LukasCarr
Level 2: Rookie

NRL - In App Subscriptions

I have a Telstra ID and password which is active with a NRL Live subscription but when I see the confirmation screen and click return to the app it says something went wrong and none of the premium content is there have attempted on an iPhone 7 plus and an iPad mini. Both with no success. Can you assist with a fix thanks. 

10 REPLIES
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NRL - In App Subscriptions

Hey @LukasCarr

Sorry for the trouble with redeeming your Live Pass and I'd be happy to help with this.

The process to redeem your live pass has been automated now so it should be easier and you don't need to log in with Telstra ID.

If already have the App installed, just go to 'More' > 'NRL Live Pass' 

This will automatically detect your eligibility using the mobile network and give a success screen. If you're connected via Wi-Fi just turn it off.

After that you will be prompted to sign in or register an NRL Account so just follow the steps to finalise this. This is not your Telstra ID, you will need to create an NRL Account to link your pass to.

Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JL4
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem as LukasCarr. I want to log in with my Telstra ID so there needs to be a fix for this. Otherwise why bother having this option? I have used my Telstra ID for the AFL Live Pass with no issues, so why isn't this the case for NRL Live Pass?
Community Manager

Hi @JL4

Sorry for the trouble with logging in and I am happy to help get this working for you. To clarify, there are 2 options to login through the App, using an NRL Account and using your Telstra ID. You can only use your Telstra ID to login through the Live Pass offer redemption page. Other login options will be to login with your NRL Account.

When you redeem your Live Pass offer (for being a Telstra Mobile customer) you will need to create an NRL Account to link this to to ensure that you can continue to access it without redeeming each time you open the App. When you redeem the live pass, create or login with your NRL Account to link with your live pass.

If you have any trouble with this, please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted
JL4

In the NRL app, I click on 'NRL Live Pass', then click on the pink 'I'm a Telstra mobile customer'. After logging in with my Telstra ID, I get the first screen shot below. When I click on 'Go back to the NRL Live App' button, I get the second screen shot 'Something went wrong'.

I have already set up an NRL account, however I can't get past this stage which I assume is the 'Live Pass offer redemption page' you are referring to and therefore cannot link up to my NRL account. This is very frustrating. 

IMG_7967.PNGIMG_7968.PNG

Community Manager

Hey @JL4

Sorry for the error with redeeming your NRL Live Pass. Are you able to try redeeming from your Telstra mobile at all, then linking with your NRL Account? 

Let me know how you go.

JL4

Not having much luck either at the moment.

Re Telstra ID - I was able to do this no problem last year, as well as with the AFL app this year. I wonder if it is to with linking to My NRL Account which didn't exist last year, and there is no such equivalent on the AFL app. I think it's time for your app team to start looking into this issue as I'm sure other people would be having the same problem.

Community Manager

@JL4 Your best bet will be to use your Telstra Mobile to redeem your Live Pass so we can identify your service with the mobile network.

Please follow these steps:

In order to redeem your Telstra Live Pass, please follow these steps:

• Uninstall and Re-install the NRL App
  • Turn off Wi-Fi
  • Open the NRL App
  • If prompted select ‘I’m a Telstra Mobile customer’
  • It will use the mobile network* to confirm your eligibility
  • Check the details are correct and it shows $0/mth
  • Select ‘Go back to the NRL Live App’
  • Congratulations! Your Live Pass has been activated
  • Follow the prompts to create or link your NRL Account
  • Once complete you will be ready to watch

*Please note that if you are connected to Wi-Fi, you may need to disable it so we can confirm your eligibility.

Let me know how you go.

LukasCarr

Unfortunately i am unable to do it that way. I am only able to do it through logging in with my ID and password. Obviously there is a bug not allowing the app to allow my Telstra account to be activated with the NRL App. Could you please fix the ASAP as the NRL Preseason Trials have already begun and this is my only way of watching the NRL.
Very Unhappy as last year was perfectly fine and now this year it is an issue.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are working on getting this sorted and I will provide an update as soon as I can. 

I am confident we can get this working for you before the season starts.

Thanks

LukasCarr

This weekend is the last week of trials so hopefully it’s sooner rather then later.