LukasCarr
Level 2: Rookie

NRL - In App Subscriptions

I have a Telstra ID and password which is active with a NRL Live subscription but when I see the confirmation screen and click return to the app it says something went wrong and none of the premium content is there have attempted on an iPhone 7 plus and an iPad mini. Both with no success. Can you assist with a fix thanks. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
34 REPLIES
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NRL - In App Subscriptions

Hey @LukasCarr

Sorry for the trouble with redeeming your Live Pass and I'd be happy to help with this.

The process to redeem your live pass has been automated now so it should be easier and you don't need to log in with Telstra ID.

If already have the App installed, just go to 'More' > 'NRL Live Pass' 

This will automatically detect your eligibility using the mobile network and give a success screen. If you're connected via Wi-Fi just turn it off.

After that you will be prompted to sign in or register an NRL Account so just follow the steps to finalise this. This is not your Telstra ID, you will need to create an NRL Account to link your pass to.

Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JL4

I have the same problem as LukasCarr. I want to log in with my Telstra ID so there needs to be a fix for this. Otherwise why bother having this option? I have used my Telstra ID for the AFL Live Pass with no issues, so why isn't this the case for NRL Live Pass?
Community Manager

Hi @JL4

Sorry for the trouble with logging in and I am happy to help get this working for you. To clarify, there are 2 options to login through the App, using an NRL Account and using your Telstra ID. You can only use your Telstra ID to login through the Live Pass offer redemption page. Other login options will be to login with your NRL Account.

When you redeem your Live Pass offer (for being a Telstra Mobile customer) you will need to create an NRL Account to link this to to ensure that you can continue to access it without redeeming each time you open the App. When you redeem the live pass, create or login with your NRL Account to link with your live pass.

If you have any trouble with this, please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
JL4

In the NRL app, I click on 'NRL Live Pass', then click on the pink 'I'm a Telstra mobile customer'. After logging in with my Telstra ID, I get the first screen shot below. When I click on 'Go back to the NRL Live App' button, I get the second screen shot 'Something went wrong'.

I have already set up an NRL account, however I can't get past this stage which I assume is the 'Live Pass offer redemption page' you are referring to and therefore cannot link up to my NRL account. This is very frustrating. 

IMG_7967.PNGIMG_7968.PNG

Community Manager

Hey @JL4

Sorry for the error with redeeming your NRL Live Pass. Are you able to try redeeming from your Telstra mobile at all, then linking with your NRL Account? 

Let me know how you go.

JL4

Not having much luck either at the moment.

Re Telstra ID - I was able to do this no problem last year, as well as with the AFL app this year. I wonder if it is to with linking to My NRL Account which didn't exist last year, and there is no such equivalent on the AFL app. I think it's time for your app team to start looking into this issue as I'm sure other people would be having the same problem.

Community Manager

@JL4 Your best bet will be to use your Telstra Mobile to redeem your Live Pass so we can identify your service with the mobile network.

Please follow these steps:

In order to redeem your Telstra Live Pass, please follow these steps:

• Uninstall and Re-install the NRL App
  • Turn off Wi-Fi
  • Open the NRL App
  • If prompted select ‘I’m a Telstra Mobile customer’
  • It will use the mobile network* to confirm your eligibility
  • Check the details are correct and it shows $0/mth
  • Select ‘Go back to the NRL Live App’
  • Congratulations! Your Live Pass has been activated
  • Follow the prompts to create or link your NRL Account
  • Once complete you will be ready to watch

*Please note that if you are connected to Wi-Fi, you may need to disable it so we can confirm your eligibility.

Let me know how you go.

LukasCarr

Unfortunately i am unable to do it that way. I am only able to do it through logging in with my ID and password. Obviously there is a bug not allowing the app to allow my Telstra account to be activated with the NRL App. Could you please fix the ASAP as the NRL Preseason Trials have already begun and this is my only way of watching the NRL.
Very Unhappy as last year was perfectly fine and now this year it is an issue.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are working on getting this sorted and I will provide an update as soon as I can. 

I am confident we can get this working for you before the season starts.

Thanks

LukasCarr

This weekend is the last week of trials so hopefully it’s sooner rather then later.
Sylven1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, I to have the same issue and have done since my previous subscription expired 31st Jan 2018. The log in works exactly as per the screen shots above but as soon as you click back to the app “something went wrong” message appears.
The AFL app has no issues accepting the live pass.
Hamo41

I’m having the same problem as as @JL4. I have followed your instructions- uninstalling etc and get the same error. Other options?
Community Manager

Hi @Hamo41 @Sylven1

If possible, I would recommend redeeming your subscription using the Telstra Mobile network if possible at the moment.

Can you please confirm that you are able to login with your Telstra ID and that you have the correct username and password? If needed, you can reset your password here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/how-to-reset-my-password

Thanks

Sylven1

Hi JesseS,

Yes I am able to log into my account and have managed to log into AFL Live for the live pass. The exact same screen shots as LukasCarr come up on both my iPad and phone.
Community Manager

Thanks @Sylven1 We have had some reports if issues redeeming the live pass tonight and we are working to resolve these now.

This should be resolved in the near future but I will try and provide an update as soon as I can.

Thanks

JL4

Any updates on this? This issue still hasn't been resolved and there are only 5 days to go until the start of the season!!

Community Manager

Hey @JL4 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We did identify and issue which was causing some issues redeeming using your Telstra ID login.

This was resolved recently so this should be working again. If you're still having trouble, please let me know and I will escalate this again.

Thanks

LukasCarr

I have just deleted and re installed the app. Attempted to login again using my Telstra ID and password. Again once it confirms there is an active subscription you press back to the NRL App and it’s says something went wrong. There is now only 5 days before the season starts. Will this issue be resolved by then? Not impressed at all.
Sylven1

Hi, ditto to JesseS response I did find a week ago the app logged in with my details. However a recent update of the app (24 hours ago) and the error is back and plaguing my log in once again. Surely sending out vouchers would be easier fix than this 3 days out from season launch?
scottrob185

Hi, this issue has plagued both my iPad and iPhone for the last few weeks. I now have my iPad logged in but after the app update the phone now gives the error. I have tried other friends accounts also but still the same issue. AFL live has no issues at all?
JL4

I've deleted the app and tried again with the Telstra ID login with still the same problem with less than 24 hours to kick-off. People have been complaining about this issue for a long time, yet we keep getting fobbed off. Sort it out.

Ls111

Bloody unbelievable 2 weeks now
Been doing everything that’s been said . But yet still get the same bs .
Just fix it
Community Manager

Hi all,

There was a recent update for the NRL App. Can you please check that you have updated to the latest version of the App and try again?

Thanks

JL4

I have the most up to date version of the app and I'm sure the other people have as well. Just tried again for the umpteemth time with the same outcome. Stop wasting people's time on this rubbish.

FootyFan18

I am another customer experiencing the same issue. Despite showing my subscription till 31/1/19 I click go to nrl live and get the 'something went wrong' message. When trying again later it brings up the pink 'I am a telstra customer' subscription page all over again. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still the same. The reason I chose Telstra in the first place was for this sports inclusion. Not happy!!! Smiley Sad
Community Manager

My understanding was that this would be addressed in the latest update however obviously this is still happening. I will escalate for you. If you're affected by this specific issue, can you please provide the following details:

Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

Once, I have received these details, I will pass it on and our app team will investigate further.

Time4Technology

Telstra just fix it. Everyone including me has the same issue. This is the first time I have looked at the thread but have experienced the issue for months. It’s been happening ever since Telstra launched the app so it’s not new. I don’t have a Telstra mobile but have a Telstra login to which a mobile is connected and displays.

If I am doing something wrong - like the rest of half Australia - then please whim me to fix it. I’m over it.
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience and I have discovered the error that is causing the issues. With the changes to the NRL App this year, you are not able to redeem your Telstra Live Pass by logging in with a Telstra ID, you need to redeem using the Telstra Mobile network first, link with your NRL Account, then login with your NRL Account on other devices. The option to redeem with your login has been displayed incorrectly in the App and we will remove this to prevent future confusion.

To redeem on your Telstra Mobile and link with an NRL Account:

- Uninstall the NRL App, then redownload.

- Turn off the Wi-Fi on your device

- Open the NRL App

- It will detect your mobile service and redeem automatically

- When prompted login/register an NRL Account to link your live pass

Once you have done this, you will be able to access on other devices by just logging in with your NRL Account. To do this:

- More

- My NRL Account

- Login with your NRL Account details

- You should get a success message

Thanks

Time4Technology

And what do you do if you are using an iPad which needs to be connected to the net?
Time4Technology

Question why can I access the afl app and subscription on my iPad and not the nrl one?
Time4Technology

Hi Jesse. So if my dad has a phone whic isn’t a smart phone doesn’t he connect his iPad to the phone with wireless turned off and connect that way.
Last question why did Telstra change something from last year which wasn’t broken?
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply. 

He can hot-spot his mobile phone service to his iPad to get connected that way. It then should detect your Telstra mobile service and redeem automatically.

It was a change forced upon us due to new agreements. 

scottrob185

What if you are overseas and therefore don’t have Telstra roaming signal? The phone or iPad still will not log in and a previously logged in phone gives an “error:0”
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @scottrob185,

I have replied to your other post about this here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/NRL-Live/NRL-Live-Error-0/m-p/744102#M19930

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more