Support Team
Support Team

NRL Live App Android Update

We are aware of issues that have been affecting some Android users that may have prevented access the NRL Account features or Live Streaming. 

If you are experiencing either of the errors listed below, these should be resolved in the latest update of the NRL App.

Account Lookup Error 403

Invalid Token

Invalid Heartbeat

If you are seeing these errors, please ensure that you are using the latest version of the App which is 4.1.4. To check this go to More > Settings and you will see the version at the bottom of the page.

If you have any trouble or are still experiencing these issues, please let us know below.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
45 REPLIES 45
Craigh6125
Level 1: Cadet

Re: NRL Live App Android Update

Still showing the invalid heartbeat error
New version updated.
The first popup says:
Error: com.ooyala.android.
Ooyala Exception: response required.
What does this means, what can i do, how can you fix it. Do i need to march into a telstra store tomorrow for resolution.
Ta.

Still getting these messages;

Something went wrong

There was an error with playing the video.
Please try again later.
Error: com.ooyala.android.
OoyalaException: response expired.
-----------------------------
INVALID HEARTBEAT
response expired

--------------------------

Have not been able to watch on app since beginning this season !

charles

Craigh6125

Me too! I have installed the latest update which i was informed would fix it. No surprises, it didnt.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update @Craigh6125 and @3002, apologies that you are still experiencing the issue. 

Go to https://www.nrl.com/account and sign in with Google account. Once you are logged in, go to 'Edit Profile' under My Account, make sure your details are updated and using the same email address that you use in the App. 

Once that is done, go to the Live Pass App. In the App, go to 'More" on right hand of menu, select My NRL Account and once again log-in through Google. 

After that, restore your purchase in the NRL App. 

Go to 'More' > 'My Account' > 'NRL Live Pass' then you should see the option to restore or purchase, if you select the restore option and follow the prompts to
restore your purchase. Once complete, you should be able to access your live pass.

If you still have an issue, please send through the following details:

Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Steve055
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Uninstalled old app.
Cleared cache.
Rebooted phone.
Installed latest update.
No difference.
"External Display Not Allowed" when trying to view live video.
Telstra Buzz (locked to Telstra network).
Android Version 5.0.2
Support Team
Support Team

Steve055, please save your time by trying the troubleshooting steps. Your device is not supported and you will not be able to view live streams.

Craigh6125

That didnt work, but the procedure is flawed as i could not get a restore purchase option no matter what action i took. Uninstalled app, reloaded through the nrl account with updated details. Details you require:
Samsung galaxy S5
OS 6.0.1
Optus
Mobile
Brisbane
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Craigh6125.

I will forward this to our App Support team for further investigation. 

Steve055

I don't understand.
How can you sell me a Telstra branded phone and tell me that I can watch NRL games live on it and then when it doesn't work, tell me that my Telstra branded device is not supported and that I cannot watch live streams?
Marko001
Level 2: Rookie

I did everything it says including update app. Still says invalid heart beat and error ooyala or some crap. I have missed pretty much the first half of my teams game. I should get a refund for this week.
Keenan10

Still can't login or watch the nrl. I have the latest updated version 4.1.4 and it's still not working
Agro86

I updated my NRL app and still can't live stream?
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Marko001 @Keenan10 @Agro86

Thanks for your feedback and we are aware of this. We have passed it onto the App team and they are currently investigating further.

Thanks

Marko001

Thanks. Since I missed the one game I wanted to watch a refund for this week would be much appreciated. It's what I paid for and didn't get.
Agro86

Why is this not sorted yet? The one game I want & need to watch on my phone is starting now & the same problem is happening
Agro86

This is ridiculous that this still hasn't been sorted. My contract is up very shortly & I'll be saying goodbye Telstra & letting everyone know what a waste of money & time your services are!!!
Steve055

I don't understand.
How can you sell me a Telstra branded phone and tell me that I can watch NRL games live on it and then when it doesn't work, tell me that my Telstra branded device is not supported and that I cannot watch live streams?
My wife's 6 year old Samsung (non-Telstra) phone is supported by the app, but my 2 year old Telstra branded phone (locked to the Telstra network) isn't ???
abcdefghijkl

I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled this & the Nrl Fantasy app no less than 8 times. Yes the system gives me a 403 error & is unable to find my account. I have no trouble signing in to the tippings option through your app but the Fantasy option has never worked & inevitably my system shuts down. It seems it can not identify me & it keeps looping. Obviously Youi with thier new platform, which sux incidentally, has a conflict with your app.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @abcdefghijkl

Thanks for your post and the links to NRL Fantsy and Tipping are links to the NRL Website. 

If these links don't work in the App, please try going to the website directly here: 

https://fantasy.nrl.com/

https://tipping.nrl.com/

If this doesn't work for you, then this may be a problem that you're experiencing with the website.

Let me know how you go.

DJ28

I am experiencing the same issues as others.  I haven't been able to access the games either since start of the season.  The latest update has already been done so unless there's another one since Friday then there aren't any that i can find. It doesn't happen on my phone it is only on the tablet for some reason so come on please fix it

DJ28

I also wanted to point out that i contacted the NRL app about the issue and from the reply i received they have nothing to do with why the live games aren't able to be seen it is a problem with Telstra as they are the ones who supply the access to it. There were no problems like this last year so Telstra what have you done between then and now. Like i previously said i can access the games on my phone but not my tablet which is a bit odd. If i go to a live game via the Foxtel app on the tablet it plays fine but then i am using up data which then defeats the point of being rewarded as a Telstra customer with the offer of having the NRL Pass for free. Stop making excuses and just get it going or maybe try being honest with your customers and tell us the real reason for the problem which would stop people becoming so annoyed and frustrated
Boofhead2

I still can't restore my live pass despite following all suggestions.
I have a samsung s7, android version s7. My service provider is optus. Both adsl and mobile. My location is sunshine coast Queensland
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the post DJ28.

It is not good to read of the issues you are having when trying to view the NRL live streams on your tablet. Can I please confirm a few details so I can assist further?

- How did you sign up to the Live Pass (In-App through Google Play or iTunes, Telstra mobile customer)

- On your tablet, is it registered to the Telstra network or are you accessing through Wi-Fi
- What tablet are you using and what OS is installed

- What phone are you using and what OS is installed

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Boofhead2

Apologies for the issues you have been having restoring your In-App subscription. An update to fix this issue was released today, can you please make sure you have the latest version of the App and let us know how you go restoring your subscription. 

str8crazyme

Hi I CREATED AN TELSTRA ACCOUNT JUST TO TALK TO YOU GUYS. YOUR TROUBLE SHOOT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL AND YOU SAY UPDATE VERSION (NRL APP) IS RELEASE WHEN IT HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASE. AGAIN STOP MAKING UP CRAP AND SCAMMING US PAYING SOMETHING WE CANT WATCH.THANK GOD IM NOT YOUR CUSTOMER EVEN YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE COMPLAINING.
IM SO ANGRY THAT I CANT WATCH THE GAMES AT ALL AND PAID FOR NOTHING. YOU NOW HAVE RUIN THE NRL APP STORE WITH NEGATIVE REVIEW. AND A BAD PARTNERSHIP WITH NRL. MOST OF ALL YOU ARE LOSING REVENUE. FIX THIS PROBLEM MATE YOU TEAM GETS PAID TO DO THERE JOB NOT SIT ON THERE BUM AND MAKE EXCUSES AND TROUBLESHOOT OUR ASS. CLEARLY IAM NOT THE ONLY ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED ABOUT THIS. THIS HAS BEEN GOIN FOR WEEKS NOT DAYS IT JUST SHOW HOW COMPETENCY YOU ARE AT YOUR JOB

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply and feedback str8crazyme, I understand the frustration and inconvenience. 

I can confirm that we’ve completed a live video modification that we think might be the cause of the streaming issues. If you try streaming the Cowboys vs Panthers tomorrow night and still have issues, please reply with the following details so we can investigate further:

Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?
Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

str8crazyme

Its funny how you really dont know what the issue is. I believe its all the new purchase app or subscriber who rencenlty purchase.
Im usinf wifi at home. I can tell u alot people have this problem do you think its the phone? the problem is on your side!!!!!!!!!!
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply str8crazyme

You have posted on a thread regarding issues with live streaming, apologies if that isn't your issue. If it is not, can you please clearly articulate the issue you are having and if possible, provide a screenshot. 

Boofhead2

Still no change. Doesn't seem to be any update available.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply @Boofhead2, apologies for the issues that you are still having. 

I will forward this onto our App Technical Support team. 

Boofhead2

From the problems many others and myself are having, and from the fact that there appears to be no solutions , I have to assume that you need to hire more competent IT staff !!

When will this occur?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Boofhead2

We’ve pushed out a fix for users who have cancelled their in-app subscription with their end date in the future.

Can you please un-install then re-download the App and try to restore your subscription again. 

Let us know how you go. Thanks

Steve055

Hi DJ28,
Surprise, surprise. Round 4 of the Telstra NRL competiton and I am still getting the "external display not allowed" error when I try to watch the live stream on my Telstra branded, Telstra Buzz phone (locked to the Telstra network).
I have the latest version of the Telstra app (uninstalled and re-installed 5 minutes before the game).
The Channel Nine commentators are still saying that "Telstra customers can stream all NRL games, live and data free".
If only they knew the truth!
Steve055

Hi Boofhead2,
I agree. The 2017 version of the app worked as advertised.
Logically, you would think that they would revert to the 2017 version of the app until they can solve the numerous problems with the 2018 version.
Pethai

Pethai

I am an iPhone user and having similar problems , haven’t been able to watch a single game yet . I don’t have a subscription I am a Testra customer and usually get it free like previous years . Not this year , all I was getting was a 2 minute preview then a please subscribe message , but now I can’t even get that just an “oops something went wrong “ error 0 message . It’s a pretty sad situation for a company with fading credibility.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Pethai

Sorry for the trouble accessing your live pass and I would be more than happy to help you with this. Firstly, it sounds like you have not registered for a subscription at this stage, which is why you are seeing the 2 minute preview.

To redeem your free live pass, please follow these steps on your Telstra Mobile:

- Uninstall the AFL App from your device

- Re-download the AFL App from the store

- Turn Off Wi-Fi on your phone

- It will automatically detect your eligibility if you're connected to the Telstra Mobile Network

- If successful you should just select Go Back and be ready to watch.

If you have any trouble doing this, please let me know.

Nathan25

Still getting look up error 403

Has been 4 rounds now with no access
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Nathan25

We have heard some reports of this error message and we are currently investigating. So we can investigate further, can you please try the following:

1. Would you be able to tell me what account you used to login? i.e. Email/Password, Facebook, or Google?
    1. Did you verify your NRL Account via email?
  2. Here is a few steps to help – Let me know at any stage if you see something different:
    1. Open App
    2. More menu
    3. Tap on NRL Live Pass – make sure your subscription is not present
    4. Go back to More Menu - Tap on My NRL Account – make sure you are not logged into NRL Account
    5. Exit NRL App
    6. Go to Settings and search for Browser app and check for your default browser
      1. If its “Samsung Internet” – Open Samsung Internet > Tap on the 3 dots(top right) > Settings > Privacy > Delete personal data > check Cookie and site data > Delete
    7. Delete and re-download the NRL App
    8. After installing app it will take you through the start-up process
    9. On the first screen tap on “BUY OR RESTORE NRL LIVE PASS”
    10. Go through the NRL Account signup process
    11. If successful it should take you to the in-app purchase screen.

Let me know how you go.

Mossag

Still having problems with tipping after the latest update any ideas?
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks @Mossag. We have heard some reports of these issues and our App team is investigating. In the meantime, you can access via the tipping website.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Keith1981

I have updated and still comes up cannot find my profile I've tried everything else and still won't work . How can I fix this as I am paying for a service I'm not being provided with. Kind regards
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Keith1981

Thank you for your enquiry and my apologies that the NRL Live Pass is still not working for you.

We have heard some reports of this error and we are currently investigating.

So we can investigate further, can you please try the following:

1. Would you be able to tell me what account you used to login? i.e. Email/Password, Facebook, or Google?
    1. Did you verify your NRL Account via email?
  2. Here is a few steps to help – Let me know at any stage if you see something different:
    1. Open App
    2. More menu
    3. Tap on NRL Live Pass – make sure your subscription is not present
    4. Go back to More Menu - Tap on My NRL Account – make sure you are not logged into NRL Account
    5. Exit NRL App
    6. Go to Settings and search for Browser app and check for your default browser
      1. If its “Samsung Internet” – Open Samsung Internet > Tap on the 3 dots(top right) > Settings > Privacy > Delete personal data > check Cookie and site data > Delete
    7. Delete and re-download the NRL App
    8. After installing app it will take you through the start-up process
    9. On the first screen tap on “BUY OR RESTORE NRL LIVE PASS”
    10. Go through the NRL Account signup process
    11. If successful it should take you to the in-app purchase screen.

Let me know how you go.

Thank you

Steeley1

Error 403: I have not been able to stream a single game this year. Have cleared cache, cookies, app data, reinstalled dozens of times, disabled virus protection, and still get error 403 anytime I try and log in or hit the account icon & or redeem live pass. Even tried installing from within my google account subscription. Done all the subscription & app updates you speak of. I get the same error on both my Galaxy S5 & S7 phones. Gave up and unsubscribed and all it did was stop my auto subscription. I have paid $90 for nothing to date and it remains current until next March. My google account tells me that my subscription is active but the app won't let me sign in without error 403 which stops me from going any further. Please update me with a real fix when its available or at least let me know that there is a compatibility issue with my phone or my provider (Optus).
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that. Our team are still investigating the cause of this issue and we will share any updates that we have here as soon as they are available.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now