CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
DG64
Level 2: Rookie

NRL Live App

Answered
My ipad is just over 4 years old and now the new NRL Live App is not compatible with my ipad, so what am I suppose to do to watch the NRL on my yearly subscription on my Ipad now. DG
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: NRL Live App

Hi @DG64

Thank you for your post. 

As per the terms and conditions, the NRL Live App is supported for Apple devices running iOS 11 and above. 

Unfortunately, if your device is running an earlier version of iOS, the NRL Live App may not work on your device. 

My apologies for any inconvenience. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

DG64
Accepted Solution

Thank you for getting back to me, so that I have this right, I paid close to $900 for my ipad 4 years ago and it cannot be updated all because Teltra updated the ios to eleven instead of last years 10. I wonder how many other mums and dads you have completely pushed out the door because there ipad is 4 years old. Why can't I run my ipad on last years version. I think it is wrong that I would have to purchase a new ipad every 4 years to watch NRL. I paid a full years subscription back in August, How do I get a full refund as the Subscription is totally useless. I know that Telstra is win at all costs large company, but to force me to buy a new ipad to watch NRL is a company with to much power. Surely there has to be another way that I can continue to watch NRL on my ipad, as there is nothing wrong with it, as it is only 4 years old. there must be a way around it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @DG64

Thank you for your post. 

As per the terms and conditions, the NRL Live App is supported for Apple devices running iOS 11 and above. 

Unfortunately, if your device is running an earlier version of iOS, the NRL Live App may not work on your device. 

My apologies for any inconvenience. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

DG64
Accepted Solution

Thank you for getting back to me, so that I have this right, I paid close to $900 for my ipad 4 years ago and it cannot be updated all because Teltra updated the ios to eleven instead of last years 10. I wonder how many other mums and dads you have completely pushed out the door because there ipad is 4 years old. Why can't I run my ipad on last years version. I think it is wrong that I would have to purchase a new ipad every 4 years to watch NRL. I paid a full years subscription back in August, How do I get a full refund as the Subscription is totally useless. I know that Telstra is win at all costs large company, but to force me to buy a new ipad to watch NRL is a company with to much power. Surely there has to be another way that I can continue to watch NRL on my ipad, as there is nothing wrong with it, as it is only 4 years old. there must be a way around it.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @DG64 

Thank you for your patience with this one. 

A patch update was released this morning to allow users on iOS 10 and above to update and access the NRL Live App. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

DG64

I thank you, my ipad can now access the NRL Live App with the release of the Patch to allow IOS 10 and above to work. If I have any other dramas I will let you know. Again Thank you.
Paddy39
Level 1: Cadet

A disgrace. Last year I could watch the NRL now nothing! I only keep my three phones, wireless and cable with Telstra to keep the footy. At least now i can look around for a better deal. If the NRL can produce a patch quickly for some why not for lower ipads. Another slap in the face from the NRL! Surely you can fix it and at last provide some good PR for the NRL. I am os9. Not that old!

DG64

Yes I agree, I think the NRL does not care about people that want to watch NRL, but to make everyone in this country Pay to watch NRL. It is obvious that the AFL want everyone to watch the AFL on free to air TV, you have to be rich to watch all games of NRL. Then you have an ipad and then they upgrade it and then you cannot watch it. that in itself is why the NRL is going backwards, all because they are making it to hard to watch all the NRL games. Hopefully the new NRL TV Rights agreement is more for the people, than that it is now, all about News Limited and Telstra making more money from us.
Iain2315

Hi,

Now that a patch has been released for ios 10, when can we expect a patch for ios 9.3.5?

If not, then at least allow older users to continue using the same version of the product as before.

And remember, you gave us no choice as to whether the update was required and please don't HIDE behind Terms and Conditions!  You are dealing with real people not lawyers.

While you may not care to hear it, my iPad may be old but is perfectly serviceable and userable.  It is reasonable to expect that I should have a choice about applying software upgrades but alas Telstra like Apple has removed choice. The version of the operating system was released   August 25, 2016.

I look forward to hearing from you with a positive answer.

Paddy39

Well no more going to games this year for me and on I go to find non-Telstra products. Be fair guys. You can whip up a patch for 10's quickly why not 9's. Paddy
Iain2315

And now we hear the sound of crickets!
Disappointagain

This is a disgrace!

I too have iOS 9.3.5 and cannot use the NRL app.

They need a patch quick!

Paddy39

Come on NRL/Telstra where is the patch??  You can do it. 

Iain2315

And still silence from NRL who gave Telstra a hospital pass and hide behind 'Terms and Conditions'.

Will there be a response - 7 days and counting.

Paddy39

Yes please NRL tell us why one day we can watch the footy on our ipads and the next it is gone! Why can you do a patch for one iOS but not for ours. Be fair. Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now